Perhaps it's not enough for orchestral sounds

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A library of Orchestral Sounds like East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra needs almost 36 GB of space on disk and if you are using Vienna you will need soon near a terabyte.

This is the reason to add more computers to the studio. According to reports Mr. Hans Zimmer has more than eleven computers running Gigastudio, but now you can use Halion or Kontakt instead of it.

Receptor would be the answer if someone can replace the hard disk for a bigger one. 40 GB is very smart nowadays for orchestral sounds. 120 GB woul be the right choice to split and subsititute the need to add more computers.

The questions are:

1. Can someone replace the hard disk and keep the guarantee?

2. How to format the new hard drive? Do you provide a CD with tools to do that and to install the receptor OS?

Thanks in advance. I am very interested in this equipment to buy more than one in this case.

I don't worrk for Muse, but I asked a similar question, and I believe that an
external hard drive is supported via the USB2 port.

Hi grundman,

I'm not from Muse, but I already asked them... it's possible to change HD, but they want do this for us...

I a little disagree... Why can we don't install one ? We need to send back all receptor ?

Unfortunately, there is _NO_ Master CD ! And if you want change HD, or if your HD crash, you even can't change like another PC !

I hope they will think about offer a possibility to change the hardware to grown up the power to be up to date in future....

In this case, I perhaps will buy another one...

@+
Spid

Receptor does work with a USB hard drive; however we do not have an official list of support drives. We would really like hear back from users so we can build a FAQ of what USB hard drives are working or not working for customers.

There is not a Receptor version of the operating system currently available, also the hard drive is licensed to the hardware. This is a very new product but this issue is currently being reviewed for customers who wish to add a larger hard drive.
Grundman wrote:A library of Orchestral Sounds like East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra needs almost 36 GB of space on disk and if you are using Vienna you will need soon near a terabyte.

This is the reason to add more computers to the studio. According to reports Mr. Hans Zimmer has more than eleven computers running Gigastudio, but now you can use Halion or Kontakt instead of it.

Receptor would be the answer if someone can replace the hard disk for a bigger one. 40 GB is very smart nowadays for orchestral sounds. 120 GB woul be the right choice to split and subsititute the need to add more computers.

The questions are:

1. Can someone replace the hard disk and keep the guarantee?

2. How to format the new hard drive? Do you provide a CD with tools to do that and to install the receptor OS?

Thanks in advance. I am very interested in this equipment to buy more than one in this case.
Rick
Muse Research

Great news. I think Muse Research will be no disappointed if consider this feature. As an argument of sale you must consider the following:

* An investment on orchestral sounds is an expensive investment so when someone buy VSL or EWQL Symphonic Libraries has arrived the moment to buy Receptor instead to add additional computers.

* I know than 120 GB or similar is a feature which does not need the most of the users but perhaps Muse Research could sale Receptor as it is and Receptor Platinum () with more RAM and a greater HD

Feedback from customers like you is how a product like this gets developed and improved. Please keep them coming.
Grundman wrote:Great news. I think Muse Research will be no disappointed if consider this feature. As an argument of sale you must consider the following:

* An investment on orchestral sounds is an expensive investment so when someone buy VSL or EWQL Symphonic Libraries has arrived the moment to buy Receptor instead to add additional computers.

* I know than 120 GB or similar is a feature which does not need the most of the users but perhaps Muse Research could sale Receptor as it is and Receptor Platinum () with more RAM and a greater HD
Rick
Muse Research

the difference in price between a 40gb and a 120gb barracuda is about $40. i would have gladly paid for the upgrade.

i've got a suggestion for easing the upgrade. offer a 120gb (or whatever) upgrade drive that is user installable. this would also make a great backup drive to have at gigs.

if necessary, bind the drive to the customers specifc receptor by checking the serial # at power up (stored in bios or pace or something.

i'd pay for that. perhaps $150 for a $100 raw drive with the receptor os.

i'd hate to send the receptor in for the upgrade.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”