Glad Andy is well so far, hope he can be with us again when his health allows it, all the best from us all

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally got AirTones v2, the only Kontakt instrument missing from my Homegrown Sounds collection. Just could not resist the inevitable. A few hours remaining for the sale to end. https://hgsounds.com/product/airtones-for-kontakt-5-6/

I was a bit surprised to hear how nice the tones sounded. I want to experiment and see if I can add some pattern or texture to these tones to produce some ambient music.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:14 am Finally got AirTones v2, the only Kontakt instrument missing from my Homegrown Sounds collection. Just could not resist the inevitable. A few hours remaining for the sale to end. https://hgsounds.com/product/airtones-for-kontakt-5-6/

I was a bit surprised to hear how nice the tones sounded. I want to experiment and see if I can add some pattern or texture to these tones to produce some ambient music.
Congrats!

Paj
8^)

BTW: Do you have the Homegrown Complete 2010 Collection (contains 9 more basic-instrument Kontakt libraries)?

^^^
No, do not have the Homegrown Complete 2010 Collection.

It's a bargain, especially now with DND---10 sample libraries plus 9 Kontakt libraries. No GUI's, just the basic Kontakt patches but they do sound good.

Paj
8^)

^^^
Thanks for the advice but I already have more than enough samples.
I may eventually get the ADSR Sample Manager to help with organizing all my samples.

I hear you---so many toys, so little time.

Paj
8^)

Received an interesting email form Andy.
He sounded optimistic and in good spirits.
I just hope he is feeling better.

"The Serenity Group Buy is officially back on! "
https://hgsounds.com/product/serenity-group-buy/

Quick question: I bought into the group buy last year when it was at level 5, just before Andy had the health issue. I checked back with this GB and found it has progressed, but that the original website, my account, and all records of my transaction are gone. Am I unable to continue with this GB? The page says something about "if you make another purchase, your old purchase history may show up." I cant seem to find others' experience with this.

Strange, I did the same today (after getting an email from Andy about the reactivation from the groupbuy), got here:

https://hgsounds.com/

logged in, go to the groupbuy page, go to my account and realized there are two new itemns to download, download, evrything works as expected.

If you still got problems maybe write to andy directly, think the new emailfor the new site is:

website@hgsounds.com

My account also works just fine.
I had only to download SHAKA.

Yeah I have email receipts from the original purchase, but hgsounds dotcom does not have my account and never sends me a password reset link when I ask it to. Ill have to reach out directly.

Thanks everyone for the concern and support. It’s been a tough thing to get back onto KVR, I’ve definitely built it up to be bigger than it is psychologically. I really feel I’m starting to get on top of the endless crap that’s been thrown at me both with health and technology!

I’ve got the group buy set up and running again now continuing from where it left off and have just made a new forum thread:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=574206

Milkman, you can PM me on here and we’ll get you sorted out. I have been having endless trouble with email but hopefully all that is sorted now. It might be worth trying password reset again though and checking the junk folder. It should be working.

I have no idea what the lay of the land is with the group buy, hopefully we can get a trickle of new members and get to the end. It’s been 2 years since I first started this group buy, it’s not going to beat me! It probably holds some kind of record for length.

It’s great to finally get to the point where I can run it again. There’s still plenty of things I have to do with the website/servers as well as some product updates, but I’ve been working through everything and finally can see an end to it.

^^^
I know I am not "starting to get on top of the endless crap that’s been thrown at me" lately.
Ok, not as bad as you but yes some months are worst than others.

You sound good and hope you are feeling better.

As far as I'm concerned the last three midi fx need not be for drums.
Not sure how others feel about this.
Could be chords, midi modular, midi delay/reverb, experimental etc.

Only one of them is MIDI, the other two are Kontakt instruments that make sound. The Euclidean sequencing was always to be a big part of the group buy. I’m open to hearing ideas of what people would want in terms of the midi delay though but keep in mind that Kontakt is very limited in what you can do with Midi, you basically only have control over Midi note on with a predefined length, note_off doesn’t work with external midi even though it does internally for samples instruments. I’ve just been through the frustration of rediscovering this whilst working on Divider/Fractionate… I can also send CCs and that’s it.

I do have an idea forming of a MIDI instrument I want to make at some point which sequences mini sequences/effects but I think it would have to be done in JUCE really and it’s definitely outside the scope of this Group Buy in terms of development/workload

As for the drums, Euclidean sequencing was always a part of the group buy based on what people asked for in previous years, so drums is something I must do, after all Euclidean is all about rhythm/drumming, it would be wrong to not explore that. The Midi drummer will have some kind of kit system for defining MIDI notes so it’s easy to use with whatever Drum synth/machine you want. The sample based version will have a drag n drop slot for sequencing any samples you drop on the sequencer. That’s pretty interesting isn’t it? It will also have some synth controls too & FX etc…

The Midi drummer will have some kind of kit system for defining MIDI notes so it’s easy to use with whatever Drum synth/machine you want. The sample based version will have a drag n drop slot for sequencing any samples you drop on the sequencer
That sounds absolutely great and for me it is what I am really looking forward too :tu: :clap:

Then I can finally make my "own" ambient foley drum kits including rhythmns with it :D

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”