[SHREDDAGE 3] How Do I Add Vibrato, Slides and Bends?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use FL Studio as my DAW. Using Kontakt to add Shreddage. I was wondering how I add Vibrato, Slides and Bends. I watched the master class tutorial but it didn't explain how to add any of those manually with the, I think activation note? They have notes in the track on C0 and stuff, which activate those things.

How do I do this with Vibrato, Slides and Bends?

If not, how do I do this in FL Studio? I don't have a Keyboard or a pitch wheel.

Vibrato is added with CC #1, bends are done with pitch bend, and for slides there's the Portamento articulation.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 am Vibrato is added with CC #1, bends are done with pitch bend, and for slides there's the Portamento articulation.
Thanks for the reply.

I figured out how to do vibrato using pitch. I was too zoomed out in FL Studio's interface for some reason. And I can figure out how to do a bend too.

With the slides, I can't figure out how to do them. I use the latch key switch and nothing happens. Meanwhile, if I play back notes and press the slide key in the Shreddage interface, it works. I'm confused what I'm doing wrong here?

This is the issue:
https://youtu.be/yG2a2Yyc-D4

There's no slide at all. It just plays the note, even though the key to activate slide has been used.

Slide articulation is a legato type, so you gotta overlap the notes you want to slide between.

It is. But it's not working.

Hmm works here. The keyswitch needs to be placed before you actually play the overlapped notes.

More specifically, by default, the portamento keyswitch must be held DURING the note overlap. Also you need to make sure the start and end notes are both sustains (by default that means, >= 55 velocity.) I can guarantee this works, we use it all over our demos.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Yes but he does have Latch button enabled, and he also removed the velocity requirement, so only pressing B-1 in his case should work.

I somehow fixed it, but I don't know how. I was just messing with the different knobs and it began to work. I can't replicate the issue either which is worrying.

Crap. I just found out what the problem was. My other key switch somehow overrided the slide keyswith. That was the issue all along...

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I just purchased Shreddage 3 Strat. How can I purchase midi libraries for it?

Also, sorry, but I can't find how to create a new topic, any help would be appreciated.

There are no MIDI libraries for it.

I can't get the legato slide to work on ABPL2. Is that supposed to work the same way? Overlapping the notes, change the velocity, making sure the legato switch is pressed and/or held before, during or after seems to make no difference at all. Also messing around with the different modes (keyboard, standard, solo, auto-legato (on/off). Still no changes heard.

I was trying to figure it out ages ago with no success. Saw this and decided to give it another go. Still no success. I'm using Ableton Live. Is there some known bug where this does not work in that DAW?

Wrong subforum if you're asking about Ample Sound guitar libraries :)

Return to “Impact Soundworks”