RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:12 pm
musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm

Automatically select notes beginning/ending at the same position, or having the same pitch in the Phrase Editor
How does this work? It should be a something click, like shift-click, ctrl click etc..

Also, the work space click to move play head setting now works, but, you have to exit RC and restart to have it go into effect, as opposed to the composition work space (you don't have to exit).
You have to highlight the icons at the top:

https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

sweet.. now extend that to have the CC's selected too. Currently, it doesn't. You to manually do that in the CC window.

Hi, Attila. I answered you even earlier that the AU plugin also does not work in the DP. I would be very grateful for your correction. Thank you.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:40 am Instead enter the direct download URL.
Actually, I did download from the direct download URL when Microsoft Defender/Edge intervened.

The good news is that I was able to download it this evening without issue; also, there was no yellow warning message this time.

In the following screenshot you can still see the bad download in the download history along with the good download that just finished.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi Bob,

v4.8 won't be released, v4.7.X will be the last stable releases.
I decided to call changes and new features that are compatible with previous versions, v4.8betas. These changes will actually be part of v5.0.
musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm [*]The left edge of phrases cannot be resized anymore (actually 'mask beginning' was done)
Can you explain a little more please.? are you removing this ability entirely.?
Yes, it will be removed entirely together with 'mask beginning' and 'offset'. There are other ways to achieve the same.
Working with phrases is simplified, the non-destructive resizing which was complicated and hard to follow is removed too. The new way of resizing works so much better and more logical. You can decide whether you want to scale or crop/repeat the phrase by holding down a modifier key, and there is a regenerate option for generators. It is so easy and quick to do multiple scale and crop/repeat operations one after the other without keeping the resizing mode and original size in mind! So now phrases have one size, the original size and resized size are gone.

Thanks,
Attila

tonedef71 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:12 am The good news is that I was able to download it this evening without issue; also, there was no yellow warning message this time.
Yes, I wanted to post a note, that I received an e-mail from Microsoft that they removed the warning.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:03 am Hi Bob,

v4.8 won't be released, v4.7.X will be the last stable releases.
I decided to call changes and new features that are compatible with previous versions, v4.8betas. These changes will actually be part of v5.0.
Ok, thanks. And sorry, just for final clarity, does it mean those 'bigger' new features added in the v4.8 betas (DAW view, UI rework, (Un)Ghost track fixes, missing UI cut/copy/paste buttons, etc, etc..) are reserved for upcoming v5 only.? Or, might they make an appearance in a (final.!) v4.7.x update.?
musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm [*]The left edge of phrases cannot be resized anymore (actually 'mask beginning' was done)
Can you explain a little more please.? are you removing this ability entirely.?
Yes, it will be removed entirely together with 'mask beginning' and 'offset'. There are other ways to achieve the same.
Working with phrases is simplified, the non-destructive resizing which was complicated and hard to follow is removed too. The new way of resizing works so much better and more logical. You can decide whether you want to scale or crop/repeat the phrase by holding down a modifier key, and there is a regenerate option for generators. It is so easy and quick to do multiple scale and crop/repeat operations one after the other without keeping the resizing mode and original size in mind! So now phrases have one size, the original size and resized size are gone.

Thanks,
Attila
Maybe I'm still not quite following... :? I've used the phrase resize 'scaling' function before and I have to say, dragging the left-edge was a super easy/intuitive operation. I'll have to wait and see what's now implemented I guess.

Maybe I should also just bite the bullet and install the latest beta build too and check this all for myself.! I remember that betas can co-exist alongside official/stable releases. Remind me how I should I install to ensure they stay fully separate please.? Thanks.

thebutler Bob
Last edited by thebutler on Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

thebutler wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:44 am
Maybe I should just bite the bullet and install the latest beta build and check this all for myself.! I recall that betas can co-exist alongside official/stable releases. Remind me how I should I install to ensure they stay fully separate.? Thank you.

thebutler Bob
For this, I found the best way to do it is just add a beta directory folder to the end of the install directory in the installer.

For beta's standalone only, it will co-exist with the production. The next time you want to install a newer production, just backspace the directory folder, including the slash character, in the installer.

Just note: whichever was the LAST installed will be the VST version used in your DAW. There is no way to have the two VST versions to co-exist (safely).

If you want the beta standalone, but, use the production VST, just re-install the production.

Many thanks Gene.! Seems pretty painless... ;-)

I'd primarily be using this for standalone. But, are you saying the beta's will install a beta VST3 plugin over my existing (official) edition.? Even if I uncheck the appropriate boxes during the install routine.? I'd definitely want to leave official release plugin install alone (its working well right now v4.7.2). Really glad you pointed this out to me by the way.!

EDIT - ok, you edited your post - I get it. Thanks.

Bob
Last edited by thebutler on Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

thebutler wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:44 am Ok, thanks. And sorry, just for final clarity, does it mean those 'bigger' new features added in the v4.8 betas (DAW view, UI rework, (Un)Ghost track fixes, missing UI cut/copy/paste buttons, etc, etc..) are reserved for upcoming v5 only.?
Yes, that is right.
thebutler wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:44 amOr, might they make an appearance in a (final.!) v4.7.x update.?
No.
Maybe I'm still not quite following... :? I've used the phrase resize 'scaling' function before and I have to say, dragging the left-edge was a super easy/intuitive operation
I understand. No problem, there will be an option for left-edge resize which will work the same way as right-edge resize. The point is, the current left-edge resize does not resize the phrase, but sets the "mask beginning" property.
I remember that betas can co-exist alongside official/stable releases. Remind me how I should I install to ensure they stay fully separate please.? Thanks.
Now I see BluGenes have replied to this.
If you are on Windows, provide a different installation folder for the standalone.
The beta plug-ins cannot be installed separately, because they overwrite the stable plug-ins, unless you specify a different plug-in folder. So if you use the standalone only, it is best not to install the beta plug-ins.

Thanks,
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:12 am sweet.. now extend that to have the CC's selected too. Currently, it doesn't. You to manually do that in the CC window.
Sure, it is done now (only when 'note on velocity' is being edited).

Ok, thanks for replies above... all clear.!

Now, I've forgotten the path to download the current beta builds :dog: - can you send in a PM to me please Attila.?

Bob

Hi, Attila. I answered you even earlier that the AU plugin also does not work in the DP. I would be very grateful for your correction. Thanks.

A name for midi transformer is maybe midi->generator or Generator from Midi .
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

lulukom wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:23 pm Hi, Attila. I answered you even earlier that the AU plugin also does not work in the DP. I would be very grateful for your correction. Thanks.
Hi lulukom,

I just tried the AU plug-in from v4.7.2 and v4.8b6, both worked well with DP 11 (11.22.93087).
Closing and reopening the window worked, as well as resizing the window.
The only small issue is that you can move the window only by dragging the window top area, below the title bar (title bar dragging does not work for some reason).
Which DP version do you use?

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”