RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi lulukom,

I just tried the AU plug-in from v4.7.2 and v4.8b6, both worked well with DP 11 (11.22.93087).
Closing and reopening the window worked, as well as resizing the window.
The only small issue is that you can move the window only by dragging the window top area, below the title bar (title bar dragging does not work for some reason).
Which DP version do you use?
Hello Attila!
Right now I'm using DP 11.22. I have two old Macs now. Both feature Os High Sierra. Doesn't work on both AU. Maybe it's too old Mac?) But almost all programs and in particular music work well and without problems. I also want to say that your other programs (Syne, Midi Mutator, etc.) as plugins have the same problems for me in DP. I do not know why it is so ? RC v4.8b6. If you are interested I could make a short video again.. And yes, two windows open - one is empty and can be dragged, the second is normal, but it does not respond to either dragging or control ((.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:05 am
tonedef71 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:12 am The good news is that I was able to download it this evening without issue; also, there was no yellow warning message this time.
Yes, I wanted to post a note, that I received an e-mail from Microsoft that they removed the warning.
I just now saw in the Windows Defender log what kind of threat Windows Defender thinks it protected me from downloading that evening:

Something called a Wacatac Trojan.

Coincidentally, I received in my junk email folder today some typical email spam garbage phishing for suckers:

The internet is full of scammers. :roll:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

This is worrying. I hope you could remove this trojan entirely from your PC.
Windows Defender is a great tool, it is always active on my PC.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:15 pm
musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:05 am
tonedef71 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:12 am The good news is that I was able to download it this evening without issue; also, there was no yellow warning message this time.
Yes, I wanted to post a note, that I received an e-mail from Microsoft that they removed the warning.
I just now saw in the Windows Defender log what kind of threat Windows Defender thinks it protected me from downloading that evening:

Something called a Wacatac Trojan.

Coincidentally, I received in my junk email folder today some typical email spam garbage phishing for suckers:

The internet is full of scammers. :roll:
you can check online with all virus checkers here. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
I do this with the b6 download and there are no virus. 0/68 mean 0 detect a virus from 68 virus checkers
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:13 am This is worrying. I hope you could remove this trojan entirely from your PC.
Windows Defender is a great tool, it is always active on my PC.
I don't believe there ever was a Trojan in that file. I think it was a false positive by Microsoft Defender which deleted the file as soon as the download was complete.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

How can I close a composition?
How can the chord track be exported?
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

You can drag and drop the chords track by Ctrl-dragging the "Master Track" label.

You can have one composition open so when you close the application, it will close the composition.
By default the composition is saved automatically when you quit, but this behavior can be changed in the Settings.

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm From now v5.0 features and big internal changes will be worked on, of which some will not be backwards compatible with v4. I'll do my best to support importing v4 compositions, just like I did with the v3 -> v4 transition.
So, are v5.0 features meant to be a big surprise, or can some info about those plans be made available for enlightenment and possible discussion?

Thanks for your question!
If all goes well I can upload the first beta version in about 3 days. No big surprises expected yet. A new rhythm generator is being tested which is super flexible and replaces 4-5 existing rhythm generators which were made obsolete (but still available in the menu). Lots of UI rework and internal changes took place. Scales may contain additional notes, so the special "major set", "minor set", "major/minor set" scales are properly represented. Phrase resizing was simplified. 40000+ custom phrases are loaded in 3-4 seconds. Folders are better organized: each file type (chords, progressions, instruments, articulations, etc) is placed in its own folder. Variations presets and a CC envelope browser was added.

Thanks,
Attila

Nice set of features there!

Are those 40000+ custom phrases gonna be in the package?

I must admit to being so far unaware of the special "major set", "minor set", "major/minor set" scales (though I see the setting, now that it has been mentioned to look for).

Is the meaning of those documented somewhere?

Yes, the contributed phrases are included in the distribution. This will make the installation straightforward for new users, instead of having to download and uncompress files in a folder. Phrases are stored in a compressed archive in each folder rather than in separate files. It is easy to remove a folder (or rename it to begin with a dot), if you don't want it to display in the phrase browser.

"Major set" and other similar scales were not documented, as they were not implemented nicely in v4. But not anymore.
They contain notes and chords from parallel minor scales, thus providing more options for composing pop music. The original idea was from Chris Caulder.

hi Attila

If you can find the time can you please make the "Insert Connection To Next Phrase" work as a track variation too and maybe add a way to choose which two phrases it connects using some short of phrase index, and when using the phrase variation version itd be nice if there was option to Insert Connection from the last phrase to the first phrase this would help for looping compositions/creating loops.

Cant wait to try v5 !

Hi milliondabeat!

Of course! Today I fixed "Insert Connection To Next Phrase" so that it can be added to tracks. I found it works remarkably well e.g. when using 1 bar melody segments.

I need at least 2-3 days to finish the first beta version. Rhythm generation was reworked, and all phrase generators will use the new "Rhythm Lab". In addition there are more rhythm options, and slight variations can be added to the rhythm when it is repeated in a single phrase which makes it more interesting/natural.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi.

Could someone kindly explain what "Insert Connection To Next Phrase" is/does?

I see the feature originated in v4.3, but I've never used it and I don't immediately understand from the name what the intent/function is here.

Thanks!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”