Muted tremolo

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI, I just found this support group! I have Jupiter and I love it. But it is missing an articulation that would be very helpful - muted tremolo. Using muted string and triggering it quickly does not sound good. This style of picking is used frequently in metal and would be an amazing addition.

Interesting! First time this has been requested. We'll keep it in mind for the next guitar. (Unfortunately, we don't have access to the guitar recorded in Jupiter)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:04 am Interesting! First time this has been requested. We'll keep it in mind for the next guitar. (Unfortunately, we don't have access to the guitar recorded in Jupiter)
Thanks for the response. It is used extensively in thrash (Slayer is a perfect example) and a lot in death metal (technical DM). You would be the only v guitar with actual muted tremolo samples (not simulated)! And for what it's worth, I would be willing to pay for a whole new guitar if this was added :)

I just posted about this topic also. I have Hydra and was really bummed when I learned that Tremelo is not velocity sensitive. You get what you get. It does a pretty good job of making it sound pretty realistic but all light palm for the most part.

My work around for this is that I've just had to have two different guitars open and fill in the Tremelo gaps where I want palm muted fast picking with the sustain (C-1 for me) latch on and manually draw in each fast pick note and adjust the velocity for palm pressure. I actually really prefer Odin2 for manually placing fast picking notes since it seems to be cleaner but Shreddage works great also. You lose some of the realistic "imperfect" sound of the tremelo but usually if it's going to be palm muted I prefer to have it more precise anyway. So with that I also turn the parameters up for the release time windows to eliminate erroneous roll off sounds to make it tighter sounding.

Anyway, glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was a bummer not to have.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”