Deactivation on broken machines

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I have now 2 activations on „broken“ machines.

First got broken, when my Mac did an uprade from MacOS 10.13 to 10.14.
Second was now after sending it to get repaired and and restoring the backup.

On iLok I had the same problem, but at least you can get in contact with the vendors and let set the activations back manually.

But for Sylent there is just this set-back-link, which can be used 10 times and which I regard as kind of unfair. I mean, when I transfer a license from an old computer to a new one, it can expected from me that I take care to deactivate the old license properly.

But that activations get lost because of updates or backup restores, I don‘t see, why this should be on my shoulders, when activations get broken and then I wikk have once a license which is useless, because I can‘t activate it on new computers anymore.

So my question is, if there is a way to set these broken machines manually back, without reducing the counter by 2, because it‘s actually running on the same HW.

BR

The counters automatically reset from time to time, so at normal use you will not have to worry about running out.

Even if it was "only" 10 times, I find that plenty.

Frankly, I have no idea how you always run into situations where you can't "recue" an activation anymore. Unless your computer breaks down the whole time due to defective hardware, I just can't see how your activations always get borked again and again. Just to compare: So far, I needed exactly zero of those reset links.

Lennard wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:45 am The counters automatically reset from time to time, so at normal use you will not have to worry about running out.
OK thanks for the fast reply. With that, I can live and that's fair then.

chk071 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:52 am Even if it was "only" 10 times, I find that plenty.

Frankly, I have no idea how you always run into situations where you can't "recue" an activation anymore. Unless your computer breaks down the whole time due to defective hardware, I just can't see how your activations always get borked again and again. Just to compare: So far, I needed exactly zero of those reset links.
Well, I described, how it happened, above. I speak now about 2 activations in 3 years and indeed - in one case, a broken HW was the root cause, even with backuped and restored SW. That you needed exactly zero resets makes you a nice guy, I guess. :ud:

SamDi wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:25 pm I speak now about 2 activations in 3 years
Alright, that seems reasonable. :)

Return to “LennarDigital”