Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

Hi Teilo,

Thanks for this incredible database! Very useful! :)

I would like to suggest two links that are missing from our product catalogue:

BAM - Beat Maker & Music Maker
FRMS - Granular Synthesizer

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno

Yes, it's a very useful database. Great work

I'm still waiting on some Air plugins to get the m1 update. sigh.

kurtg wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:31 am Yes, it's a very useful database. Great work

don't hold your breath.. or that's what's been repeated to me more than once.

dayjob wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:48 pm
kurtg wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:31 am Yes, it's a very useful database. Great work

don't hold your breath.. or that's what's been repeated to me more than once.
They always say they are working on it when you email them. In the mean time you'll notice them releasing Tube, which is essentially an Apple Silicon and MPC ready version of Vacuum Pro, same with their pianos and organs etc. They're just rebranding a rereleasing them for AS and MPC compatibility.. Sick part is I might bite, especially if they release some Loom clone for MPC.

I actually miss Hybrid as well, unique little noisey synth.

Btw, does the Plugin Alliance installation manager crash on exit for anyone else? I just checked and I have the latest version, though it's from march 2022. It crashes on exit always, and I just realised leaves a process running in Mac OS.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:10 am
They always say they are working on it when you email them. In the mean time you'll notice them releasing Tube, which is essentially an Apple Silicon and MPC ready version of Vacuum Pro, same with their pianos and organs etc. They're just rebranding a rereleasing them for AS and MPC compatibility.. Sick part is I might bite, especially if they release some Loom clone for MPC.

I actually miss Hybrid as well, unique little noisey synth.
I have a ticket open at air about this, but still the same answer when I ask for a status-update or a beta to try.

"Thank you for getting back to me and I hope all is well!

Unfortunately no news yet about the M1 compatibility. If an available update does come out it will be reflected on the product pages and the download links for any updated versions will be under the "Updates" section on the product page"

chagzuki wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:01 pm Btw, does the Plugin Alliance installation manager crash on exit for anyone else? I just checked and I have the latest version, though it's from march 2022. It crashes on exit always, and I just realised leaves a process running in Mac OS.
Yes every time.

Rickskii wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:52 pm
chagzuki wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:01 pm Btw, does the Plugin Alliance installation manager crash on exit for anyone else? I just checked and I have the latest version, though it's from march 2022. It crashes on exit always, and I just realised leaves a process running in Mac OS.
Yes every time.
Same here...

inaGRM just released a 3.11.1 update to fix the problem of the AU not installing as apple silicon native. just checked and confirmed the AU shows up as native finally. dope. VST3 was showing as native since the 3.11 update like a year ago so it was already all good.. the AU was the issue and that's now fixed :)

Finally!

tonycore wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:57 pm Steven Slate Drums, which is separate from Steven Slate Audio and Steven Slate Digital, is also Silicon native since 5.5.5 - no announcement as far as I can see, and I got no notice of an update or anything, but the latest installer (which is the Steven Slate Audio Center, v. 3.0.1) installs it and it reports as Silicon native using Pluginfo (except the AAX version).
I'm considering buying SSD but I can't find anywhere if the vst3 is native AS. I need this for cubase since it vst3 only on macos. If anyones got it & could check for me, would be very much appreciated?

Last night got the email from PSP that Master Comp is AS, VST3 and resizable, free update. :party:
Here's hoping for N2O at some point.

Peevy2000 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:55 pm
tonycore wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:57 pm Steven Slate Drums, which is separate from Steven Slate Audio and Steven Slate Digital, is also Silicon native since 5.5.5 - no announcement as far as I can see, and I got no notice of an update or anything, but the latest installer (which is the Steven Slate Audio Center, v. 3.0.1) installs it and it reports as Silicon native using Pluginfo (except the AAX version).
I'm considering buying SSD but I can't find anywhere if the vst3 is native AS. I need this for cubase since it vst3 only on macos. If anyones got it & could check for me, would be very much appreciated?
I have the free version of SSD5 (version 1.2.7) installed on my Mac Studio and the AU, VST3, and AAX are all Universal.

Greetings and many thanks @teilo for the database.
machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 am Last night got the email from PSP that Master Comp is AS, VST3 and resizable, free update. :party:
Unfortunately, N2O and several others have now been tagged as Legacy on PSP’s website.

Dave Y wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:35 am Greetings and many thanks @teilo for the database.
machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 am Last night got the email from PSP that Master Comp is AS, VST3 and resizable, free update. :party:
Unfortunately, N2O and several others have now been tagged as Legacy on PSP’s website.
PSP 85 is also marked legacy but they did come out with a new plug in to replace it. So, maybe that means they’re working on a replacement of N20?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”