Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

alexekki wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:33 am
teilo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:24 am
alexekki wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:45 pm Has this project died? The website no longer shows any entries.
It's not dead, but at this point, I do not feel compelled to do constant updates. The database has served its purpose, and though there are holdouts, the vast majority of actively developed software is now native.
Ah, I was just confused because the "Recent Updates" list is empty, the data is still there.
Ah, back at you. That should not be happening. I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:17 am
teilo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:24 am
alexekki wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:45 pm Has this project died? The website no longer shows any entries.
It's not dead, but at this point, I do not feel compelled to do constant updates. The database has served its purpose, and though there are holdouts, the vast majority of actively developed software is now native.
At this point a list of non Apple Silicon native plugins would be easier to maintain for sure.

All I can think of are some older PSP, G-Force, IK, Nomad Factory, and Audio ease plugins that are not native yet?
Well, as I've said before, that's not really doable. Where's the master list of all plugins? There isn't one. To know what's not updated, you'd have to know all plugins that exist. Otherwise the list is meaningless.

Lets not forget about Garritan CFX. It hasn't seen an update since 2016 :(

teilo wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:25 pm Well, as I've said before, that's not really doable. Where's the master list of all plugins? There isn't one. To know what's not updated, you'd have to know all plugins that exist. Otherwise the list is meaningless.
Yeah of course, probably best the way it's going in this thread, just naming what we know.

TC Electronic:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Hi guys, I just picked up a MacBook Pro M3 Max, and Arturia ASC isn’t installing anything, it keeps pausing and nothing shows as installed, but the instruments are showing in the vst3 folder, so it’s doing something.

When I try to open an Arturia plugin in Live11 or Logic, they hard crash.

I’ve dropped support an email, I’m not familiar with how the different silicone versions work, but unfortunately M3 appears to be quite different to M1.

Edit: after some reading, I think it’s likely the new OS.
Last edited by simmo75 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double post, sorry

simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:33 pm Hi guys, I just picked up a MacBook Pro M3 Max, and Arturia ASC isn’t installing anything, it keeps pausing and nothing shows as installed, but the instruments are showing in the vst3 folder, so it’s doing something.

I’ve dropped support an email, I’m not familiar with how the different silicone versions work, but unfortunately M3 appears to be quite different to M1.

probably worth a restart of your computer to see if it helps. but yeah.. could be the sonoma OS.. though.. a lot of people are reporting no problems w/it.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:33 pm Hi guys, I just picked up a MacBook Pro M3 Max, and Arturia ASC isn’t installing anything, it keeps pausing and nothing shows as installed, but the instruments are showing in the vst3 folder, so it’s doing something.

Best to remove and reinstall ASC - M3 is similar to M1/M2 so that shouldn't be a problem and ASC is working fine on Sonoma for me

Thanks guys, i'll try later. Fingers crossed it works.

kidslow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:27 am most: Boz, Nomad Factory, W.A.
some: Psychic Modulation
I just realised how old the last builds are of some Boz plugins. 2018, apparently.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:47 pm I just realised how old the last builds are of some Boz plugins. 2018, apparently.
Boz is the most disappointing of the laggards. Poor and misleading communication will do that. Things like, "We have a lot of plugins to get through, but it’s what we are focusing all of our time on." New plugins pay the bills, just be honest with your customer base about your focus and your timeframes rather than hyperbolic fluff, and don't leave the lie lingering once it's clearly untrue. Plugivery said in mid 2022 that the Nomad Factory M1 ports would take to end of 2023. I give them credit, even though they're looking likely to miss that deadline for some portion of the catalog.

Altiverb 8 has...
- apple silicon support (native)
- vst3 support
- a scalable interface
- dolby atmos support
- supports ilok computer activation (still 1 activation though).

https://www.audioease.com/altiverb/

tajika wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:36 am Altiverb 8 has...
- vst3 support
- a scalable interface
- dolby atmos support

I should have guessed the Atmos support is only for XL, but I'll probably upgrade anyway.

tajika wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:36 am Altiverb 8 has...
- vst3 support
- a scalable interface
- dolby atmos support

Good grief, that was a longtime coming. A sizable chunk of the scoring and post community just breathed a collective sigh of relief.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”