Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

dayjob wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:45 pm
Dave Y wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:35 am Greetings and many thanks @teilo for the database.
machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 am Last night got the email from PSP that Master Comp is AS, VST3 and resizable, free update. :party:
Here's hoping for N2O at some point.
Unfortunately, N2O and several others have now been tagged as Legacy on PSP’s website.
PSP 85 is also marked legacy but they did come out with a new plug in to replace it. So, maybe that means they’re working on a replacement of N20?
I hope so, that’s what they did with both their collections.

TONSTURM's TRAVELER, FRQ Shift & SPCTRL EQ are now Apple Silicon Native. 8)

After some back and forth with Songwish support, I can confirm that reMIDI 2, reMIDI 3 and reChannel are all native ARM. Just in case anyone else cares, they did this thing where 2.0.5 had a native build slipped in under cover of darkness without incrementing the build number. :dog: So there is a non-native and a native build of 2.0.5 out there. :dog: :dog:

dayjob wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:45 pm
Dave Y wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:35 am Greetings and many thanks @teilo for the database.
machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 am Last night got the email from PSP that Master Comp is AS, VST3 and resizable, free update. :party:
Here's hoping for N2O at some point.
Unfortunately, N2O and several others have now been tagged as Legacy on PSP’s website.
PSP 85 is also marked legacy but they did come out with a new plug in to replace it. So, maybe that means they’re working on a replacement of N20?
Certainly hope so - got lots of use out of N20. But PSP 85 was marked legacy when 285 came out over a year ago. There’s about a dozen including N20 that were still in principle current and due for upgrades until very recently, now marked legacy.

Dave Y wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:39 pm
Certainly hope so - got lots of use out of N20. But PSP 85 was marked legacy when 285 came out over a year ago. There’s about a dozen including N20 that were still in principle current and due for upgrades until very recently, now marked legacy.
fingers crossed. N20 is excellent and abandoning all that goodness would be a bummer. also, they don't have another multi-fx type plug in so it's something missing in their line up.

i forget what he said about it but to me it sounded like it was in their plans to fill that gap. i imagined a big white dry erase board on the wall with a series of tasks and N20 at the bottom somewhere. at gearspace he's commented on it as well.. maybe i'll go dig that thread up and drop a hello in there. ;)

Hoping for a N3O (or technically that doesn’t exist so maybe N4O as that’s the next stable oxide of nitrogen)

Just here to add that Roland Cloud plugins are now also native as VST3 (Not just AU as previously)
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

PSP stepDelay release 1.0.2 is native.
Image Image Image Image

woo-hoo. SPL Hawkeye is now silicon native, new version (via PA) 1.1.0

"SPL HawkEye - Changelog

Version 1.1.0
- New Radar View visualization mode
- Apple Silicon compatibility"

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... wkeye.html

Just making this official: The asaudio.tech website will no longer be updated. I will leave it up in its current state for the time being. It served its purpose, but it's just not worth the effort to maintain it in the long-tail period.

Thank you for your work - that was a very useful site for us. This topic will serve just fine for updating as the stragglers roll in over the next few years...

tonycore wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:38 pm Thank you for your work - that was a very useful site for us. This topic will serve just fine for updating as the stragglers roll in over the next few years...
All that I have left:

Air - Likely Loom, Hybrid 3 etc. will not be updated, they seem to be rolling older tech into newer MPC and Apple Silicon compatible versions, but those two haven't seen any rebranding yet.

Nomad Factory - have done one plugin so far, they are supposedly doing the rest this year.

Audio Ease- Still have Speakerphone to do.

Not a plugin but AudioFinder is still Rosetta, I'm pretty certain a new job is taking the developers time, no updates for years now. He closed his forum and posted a statement saying it would happen, no date.

PSP N2O

Aly James -OBXtreme upgrade coming with Apple Silicon support.

That's all I can think of right now.

The last 2 for me are the Lexicon PCM bundle and the Garritan CFX, but I start to doubt if these will ever be updated al all.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:03 pm
tonycore wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:38 pm Thank you for your work - that was a very useful site for us. This topic will serve just fine for updating as the stragglers roll in over the next few years...

Not a plugin but AudioFinder is still Rosetta, I'm pretty certain a new job is taking the developers time, no updates for years now. He closed his forum and posted a statement saying it would happen, no date.

PSP N2O
coincidentally i just sent an email to ice audio to find out about update status of audiofinder. just used it a lot to do a bunch of file conversions that daws and sample editors don't offer.

and yeah.. PSPN20 apparently was end of lifed but i'm hoping it will come out as a new product.

dayjob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:06 am
machinesworking wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:03 pm

PSP N2O
coincidentally i just sent an email to ice audio to find out about update status of audiofinder. just used it a lot to do a bunch of file conversions that daws and sample editors don't offer.

and yeah.. PSPN20 apparently was end of lifed but i'm hoping it will come out as a new product.
Yeah I'm hoping for the best with both. AudioFinder isn't working as a finder audition tool anymore in Sonoma on the M2 here. I've put off spending money on Audio Eases much more simple audition tool simple Snapper, but I might have to if he continues to ignore AudioFinder. He said he was continuing development, but I get the distinct impression he got an all consuming day job.

The Stereo pack became one tool, but I don't know how N2O will play out.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”