Shreddage Stratus 3: What's the best way to use anti-repetition?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have 2 instances of Shreddage loaded. Their anti-repetition box is ticket. I have one set to guitar 1 and the other set to guitar 2 for the multitrack. I have both set to 90% anti-repetition. But I'm still getting the same note played by both instances. It will make that one note louder and the image will go to the center rather than panned apart like I have them. Is there a way I'm supposed to set this up so both instances NEVER play the same note?

Geez I posted about the multi track. I'm an idiot.

It looks like you have the Shreddage stuff set up according to the manual. The problem might be something in Kontact or your DAW? Just for testing, you might try making 2 totally separate tracks with MIDI info, and pan them. I mean, maybe you've already done that, but I recall there being signal routing issues for me back when I was trying it. So, I just started making two separate tracks and copying my MIDI over to each of them. It was just easier for me to do it that way rather than mess with setting up Kontact.

Well I am using 2 instances of kontakt but 1 midi track going to both so it should have the same effect as using separate midi tracks with the same data. I just read on another post about someone using guitar 4 instead of 2 and the issue went away. Maybe I’ll try cranking the anti repetition to 100% as well. I don’t understand why there’s a knob for this honesty. I don’t know why you’d want any repetition, let alone varying degrees of it.

Anti-repetition knob sets the chance of using a neighbouring sample and repitching it to add a "fake" round robin. It depends on how stretched the mapping is, though, so it doesn't necessarily work equally well for each and every articulation across each and every S3 library - really depends how many samples we had recorded per articulation.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:48 am Anti-repetition knob sets the chance of using a neighbouring sample and repitching it to add a "fake" round robin. It depends on how stretched the mapping is, though, so it doesn't necessarily work equally well for each and every articulation across each and every S3 library - really depends how many samples we had recorded per articulation.
Thanks for that. So does using guitars 1 and 4 and cranking the knobs to 100% on both give me the best odds of not having my issue?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”