Any good news about Aspect?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Coding ain't easy when you're wearing diamond-studded ivory gloves, let me tell you.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:56 am Coding ain't easy when you're wearing diamond-studded ivory gloves, let me tell you.
:clap: :lol:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Seriously though, the plan is to *very soon* get a beta uploaded for those who want it. My main concern is: I've added a lot of additional modulation options, and whilst I've been careful and methodical, I can't guarantee that I haven't broken preset backwards compatibility. All the presets that I've tested sound identical, but it's (nigh on) impossible to automate this kind of testing. I would like to get the new Aspect into the hands of the true believers so they can either confirm that presets still sound great, or (quite rightly) berate me for making their glorious patches sound like duffers.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Count me in please. I've made a ton of patches. I am a true believer 🙏 :love:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Give the beta to me and I will make some new presets bevor you release the final goody to your believers:) so they have something to start with.

digitallysane wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:11 am
kylie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:11 pmOnce I even offered him to pay for the Aspect upgrade but he's been doing free major upgrades ever since.
I would imagine that if the upgrades would be paid we might actually see some advances.
That was no offer without intention... :D
Apart from that fact that it would be well deserved.

Nielzie wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:07 am
kylie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:11 pm
Nielzie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:44 pm He probably is a wealthy millionaire who has no hurry whatsoever to take our money that is burning in our pockets for years :scared: I wish he was poor like us and needed to bring these upgrades out fast, fast, fast, like a lot of one-man companies :hihi:
Totally fits my observations. Once I even offered him to pay for the Aspect upgrade but he's been doing free major upgrades ever since. Damn it must feel good to code while sitting in a champagne whirlpool. Unless the caviar accidentially drops into it, that is... :hihi:
Yep. And don't forget all the hot gold digging girls in bikini's in and around the swimming pool of his Villa causing way to much distraction to focus on this project :x Must be extra hard work to stay on track for this unfortunate man.
I had no idea that it has gone that far :o
The term "distraction" just got another dimension. Feeling wiser now.

I believe. Not only in Colin but also in those who offered to (re)do old and new presets I can consume later.
It's hard for me to decide whether I would desperately want to have an alpha-beta-gamma-whatever version "very soon" or finally the final thing. Even without all the champagnial disctraction and pool girls ... 8)

Should you require a helping hand pressing all the knobs and watching it explode (or just crash) don't hesitate to count me in, of course !

I'm a beloomer :borg:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:00 am I'm a beloomer :borg:
Couldn't have put it better.

Need…..loomer….aspect….

Another month gone...
Whoever said "No news is good news" didn't get the aspect of a loomer product lifecycle...

kylie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:34 pm Another month gone...
Whoever said "No news is good news" didn't get the aspect of a loomer product lifecycle...
Ya. I’ve never been able to run it on my M1 Mac on Rosetta. It crashes immediately every time.

Obviously four other plugins got another update this day but, well, I don't care for aax so to the beloomers that means another sacrifice of resources needed for that... final touch... for the benefit of ... anything else. Not happy.

I am sorry: I am trying my hardest to prioritise updates, and it wasn't that Aspect was a lower priority than the AAX updates, it's just that the amount of dev time I needed to cross those fixes off (coupled with a increasing number of people asking for them) made it the sensible thing to tackle next. I'm as close to certain as can be that that's it for updates to the other products until after Aspect and Architect are out.

Return to “Loomer”