How can I trust KVR if user reviews and stars can be edited by the devs ?! Soundigy not playing fair

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm shocked !!!

I'm so shocked and I think this is so important that I just couldn’t skip this one.

For so much years that I know KVR and I never thought that something like this could happen in this place.
I gave midi lab 1 star and they changed it to 5 stars and changes my review as well! :o :evil: :x

Can you believe it?!??!?!
Great place for scammers?!

3 days ago, I found the time to write a real honest review to a plugin host called “MIDI Lab”
My review was something like:
1 star only (I would give 0 if there was an option)
Since there was no demo for the VST version, I tried the standalone demo version and decided to buy it (worst buy I ever did!)
The VST version crashes non stop at the first uses, I spent my time and sent soundigy lots of mails about the crashes for many days, they fixed lots of crashes day by day, but there are still a lot of crashes that I just lost hope in using it.
When I was asking for the money back, I was told that he can’t give me the money back because he can’t cancel my serial number.
100 euros spent for something that I didn’t use even in one of my projects.
MIDI lab was the worst buy I ever did.
The support is awful, I wait for 2 week for a technical answer in the forum.
I would never suggest anyone to buy midi lab or anything from soundigy.
And they changed/ shorted it to: (screenshot attached!)
“5 stars”
“there was no demo for the VST version, so I tried the standalone demo version and decided to buy it.”

What a scammers!
I can’t believe that KVR allow that.

I honestly gave up on my 100 euros behind because I didn't want to waste too much effort for this, I don't feel like dealing with a scammer and someone who is not being honest, it will turn to him eventually.
even tho after I see what they do, I'm actually thinking about involving my lawer.
this behaviour is wrong and proof that soundigy is not being honestand fair with their customers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HarmonicD wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:01 pm I'm actually thinking about involving my lawer.
Are you serious?

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:37 pm
HarmonicD wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:01 pm I'm actually thinking about involving my lawer.
Are you serious?
As usual chk071 picked up the most important part of the story.. :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

If developers can access and edit reviews for their own products then that is totally wrong and KVR should fix it or get rid of user reviews.

Yes, they shouldn't be able to. Question is if it's a reason to get your panties in a bunch like that. Especially when the person you have to blame for a stupid buying decisions can only be yourself.

I'd really want to hear KVR's side of the story though. Common sense somehow tells me that devs AREN'T able to edit and change reviews and ratings.

Wow, is this for real?? Super shitty if developers are able to edit user reviews...
A well-behaved signature.

It says right on the review that it was edited by Soundigy. The first review on this product is also from the product owner. Classy.
edited.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dozius wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:04 pm It says right on the review that it was edited by Soundigy. The first review on this product is also from the product owner. Classy.

edited.png
:lol:
busted!

It makes for a good cautionary tale
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

This seems like more than enough reason for a lifetime ban of the dev to me. Also I can't think of any valid circumstances where a dev should be editing a review for their own product (or writing a review for their own product for that matter). Report a review for a third party to look at sure, but they shouldn't be able to just straight out edit one.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

i can only stand in the line of the comments made; if developers are allowed to edit reviews, this must be fixed.
if there is somehow a reason for this, because it seems to be; it can be done. then it must be a very very good reason.

and in this case a lifeftime ban would be certainly proportional, presenting alternative facts by the developer....

This is a nightmare waiting to happen. KVR needs to take action against this developer.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 pm This seems like more than enough reason for a lifetime ban of the dev to me. Also I can't think of any valid circumstances where a dev should be editing a review for their own product (or writing a review for their own product for that matter).
I guess KVR want to save themselves of the moderation work when there is abuse of the review system.

That also assumes the goodwill of the developers, of course. Which in this case, obviously, wasn't such a good idea.

Anyway, still not sure if that really justifies calling the OP's lawyer.

No, let's call the OP's lawyer, could be fun :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Site Stuff”