Signalsmith Cloud Sound Chorus not a proper VST3 package

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gets installed and listed as "Kind" as an Application in the VST3 folder instead of VST 3 Plugin. Cubase 11 "sees" it in its Plug-In Manager but it won't load.
On a number of Macs

Oops - thanks for letting me know! I'll get that fixed.

Should be fixed in this updated version.

signalsmith wrote:
Should be fixed in this updated version.
Your current installer indeed works, placing "Signalsmith-Audio-cloud-chorus-stfx2.vst3" into the correct pathway: BootHD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3. It is seen by Cubase 11.0.30, launches and works. And for a simple chorus plug, it's good sounding , doesn't eat enough CPU to be even noticed on the CPU meter, and its controls are straightforward. Nice entry.

However, I have to tell you that I normally inspect all unknown .pkg files with Pacifist before I click "Install" and I have to say what I see doesn't appear "normal" in comparison with nearly all .pkg installers. I had to take a leap of faith clicking on yours. Normally, you'd see something like this:
screenshot_02.png
Yours looks like this:
screenshot_01.png
It works, but it doesn't look like what one would normally expect.
Installer weirdness aside, the unit works and sounds quite nice. Thanks for updating the installer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”