GUI lag with themes resize

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have MacMini M1 with Monterey and there is very noticeable GUI lag in all themes with any zoom more than 100%.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Just use any theme with 100% zoom. Everything, including meters, knobs rotation, modulations, etc are working very fluid without any noticeable lag.
2. Resize theme to, let's say, 120%. You will see immediately very noticeable lag on meters, modulations and knob rotation (especially on Layer 1 and Layer 2 knobs).

I checked every standard theme with 120% and 140% - some are worse, some are better, but all of them lags a lot comparing with 100% zoom. I tried it in Logic 10.7, Bitwig 4.1 Beta 2 and in Ableton 11.1 Beta 7

My specs are: MacMini 2020 16Gb M1 with latest official Monterey (also tried with BigSur - the behaviour is the same) with 2.9.10 Synthmaster 2. Tried AU and VST versions, doesn't matter, the lag is the same.

I already filled the bug report, I just want to ask other users with M1 Macs to make sure I'm not only one who are experiencing this issue.

PS I have 27" 4k Dell U2720Q Monitor if it matters.
System: i7-14700k / 64Gb / RME UFX / Focal SM9 / NI S61 / Push 2
Synths: Sub 37, Boomstar 4075, NL4, Analog Keys, Prophet-6

kresbeatz wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:48 am Hi, I have MacMini M1 with Monterey and there is very noticeable GUI lag in all themes with any zoom more than 100%.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Just use any theme with 100% zoom. Everything, including meters, knobs rotation, modulations, etc are working very fluid without any noticeable lag.
2. Resize theme to, let's say, 120%. You will see immediately very noticeable lag on meters, modulations and knob rotation (especially on Layer 1 and Layer 2 knobs).

I checked every standard theme with 120% and 140% - some are worse, some are better, but all of them lags a lot comparing with 100% zoom. I tried it in Logic 10.7, Bitwig 4.1 Beta 2 and in Ableton 11.1 Beta 7

My specs are: MacMini 2020 16Gb M1 with latest official Monterey (also tried with BigSur - the behaviour is the same) with 2.9.10 Synthmaster 2. Tried AU and VST versions, doesn't matter, the lag is the same.

I already filled the bug report, I just want to ask other users with M1 Macs to make sure I'm not only one who are experiencing this issue.

PS I have 27" 4k Dell U2720Q Monitor if it matters.
Hi,
First of all, we apologize for the issue. I ran into the same issue when I tested it on my own system. I immediately sent this issue to our developer. We will solve it as soon as possible. Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

All the best
Gercek

Gercek_KV331 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:06 am Hi,
First of all, we apologize for the issue. I ran into the same issue when I tested it on my own system. I immediately sent this issue to our developer. We will solve it as soon as possible. Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us.

All the best
Gercek
Wow, that what I call fast response :) Thank you for confirming and forwarding to the dev, Gercek! Have a great day and all the best from Budapest :)

Hi there,

I'd like to give some further technical detail on this issue:

With recent versions of MacOS, the API function "getRectsBeingDrawn" returns the entire plugin window, instead of the area(s) that changed inside the plugin window. This is a bug on Apple's side.

We did some further research on this, and other developers have been reporting this issue as well:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/663256
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:59 am Hi there,

With recent versions of MacOS, the API function "getRectsBeingDrawn" returns the entire plugin window, instead of the area(s) that changed inside the plugin window. This is a bug on Apple's side.

We did some further research on this, and other developers have been reporting this issue as well:

Thank you for the explanation. Should I report this bug to Apple or no further action needed from my side?

kresbeatz wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:13 pm
kv331 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:59 am Hi there,

Thank you for the explanation. Should I report this bug to Apple or no further action needed from my side?
In my opinion, it would be good if you report this issue to Apple. The more pressure, the faster Apple =P

Return to “KV331 Audio”