Speedrum Question and Request

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Question:
While creating multi-velocity layer acoustic kits, switching a pad to poly doesn't appear to make the layers polyphonic. Velocity layers appear to retrigger each other vs overlapping. Are the layers polyphonic or just the pads?

Request:
1. It would be great if Pads could be saved. Rendering is great, but I'd like to be able to swap pads between kits.

2. The velocity split seems like it should default left (lowest) to right (highest). When I drag in files with the velocity in the file name they drop in softest to loudest left to right. I appreciate the "inverse" but it's an extra step. A feature many drum samplers don't have at all, so thanks for adding it.

3. 64 pads? :wink:

Praise:
This is the Drum Instrument I've been wanting for years. You've seemed to have combined all the best features that are scarce on other products, and added them into Speedrum. I'm absolutely in love with it and am looking forward to its progression. That slicer is brilliant... so easy. Great work!
MacBook Pro" i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM | MacOS Ventura | PreSonus Studio 824c Interface | Bitwig Studio 5.1

Request:
4. Dragging multiple files to a pad replaces current layers. Currently dragging multiple files adds to current layers regardless of what's selected in the drag & drop preferences.
MacBook Pro" i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM | MacOS Ventura | PreSonus Studio 824c Interface | Bitwig Studio 5.1

searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm Question:
While creating multi-velocity layer acoustic kits, switching a pad to poly doesn't appear to make the layers polyphonic. Velocity layers appear to retrigger each other vs overlapping. Are the layers polyphonic or just the pads?
Yes, the pads respond to polyphony, and the layers respond to "Layers Play Mode" from the Single/Velocity/... menu.
searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm Request:
1. It would be great if Pads could be saved. Rendering is great, but I'd like to be able to swap pads between kits.
Ok, valid request.
searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm 2. The velocity split seems like it should default left (lowest) to right (highest). When I drag in files with the velocity in the file name they drop in softest to loudest left to right. I appreciate the "inverse" but it's an extra step. A feature many drum samplers don't have at all, so thanks for adding it.
It seems more logical to me that the first layer is the loudest ... but it's not a problem to add another item in the menu, "split reverse"
searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm 3. 64 pads? :wink:
I’ve already led this discussion, and the conclusion was that 32 is the sweet spot, so this is likely to remain.
searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm Praise:
This is the Drum Instrument I've been wanting for years. You've seemed to have combined all the best features that are scarce on other products, and added them into Speedrum. I'm absolutely in love with it and am looking forward to its progression. That slicer is brilliant... so easy. Great work!

searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:37 pm Request:
4. Dragging multiple files to a pad replaces current layers. Currently dragging multiple files adds to current layers regardless of what's selected in the drag & drop preferences.
That's strange, it should be like: you set default behavior in Preferences but when dragging you can override temporarily with the Alt/Option key to do the opposite.

Is the system and the DAW from your signature correct? So I can make a test.

searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm
Request:
Yes, thtat is my most important and desired feature for Speedrum!
searlstudio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm Praise:
Absolutely agree, would us name Speedrum the drum sampler engine of the year? no, it should be of the decade!. I was waiting for something similar for a long time. Best of all, SD triggers creativity beyond anything similar, due to the transparency, ease of use and results. Plus the mind behind Apisonics is a tremendously creative and sensitive person.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

Return to “Apisonic Labs”