SlickEQ - saving presets to .fxp format

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I searched on the forum and couldn't find any posts, that would perhaps answer my question.
Is it by design, that when I save a preset for SlickEQ (free version) to .fxp file, this file isn't recognized by the plugin?
Until now I was sure, that a workaround for only 10 user-preset slots available could be saving presets to .fxp format. Today I made first test and it didn't work. Parameters were not recognized.

Looks like the issue was caused by the DAW, not the plugin. I checked SlickEQ in different program and saving/loading .fxp worked fine. This topic can be closed now.

Michal, I recommend you to use our own preset format instead, it works everywhere, also between AAX, VST, VST3, AU, between Mac and PC, or between different hosts:

Right click > Share state

(or alternatively, Copy vs Paste)

:)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

it would be awesome to have presets available as .fxp or .vstpreset
why:
it would be awesome to select TDR xy plugin preset directly from Bitwig browser which is 1 step, as opposed to doing two steps: 1) find plugin 2) find preset ..

Any chance for this? Thanks :)
Bitwig, Renoise, Mixbus32c, Reason 12, ToneBoosters, TokyoDawnLabs...

FabienTDR wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:11 pm Michal, I recommend you to use our own preset format instead, it works everywhere, also between AAX, VST, VST3, AU, between Mac and PC, or between different hosts:

Right click > Share state

(or alternatively, Copy vs Paste)

:)
Lately I've been relying solely on my DAWs ability to keep plugin settings. Due to only 10 preset slots I stopped saving :) However I recently took advantage of the Copy and Paste feature and it was very convenient. I honestly do not worry about issues with Tokyo Dawn Labs stuff. It's the process of dialing in similar settings for similar tracks time and time again, that is plain boring. Still, there is hope that our patience will be rewarded :)

senseiprod wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:14 pm it would be awesome to have presets available as .fxp or .vstpreset
why:
it would be awesome to select TDR xy plugin preset directly from Bitwig browser which is 1 step, as opposed to doing two steps: 1) find plugin 2) find preset ..

Any chance for this? Thanks :)
You can save .fxp or .vstpreset files with your settings. I had issues with this system caused by the DAW, not the TDR plugins.

please, since i'm not aware - how can one save .fxp or .vstpreset with TDR plugins?
Thanks
Bitwig, Renoise, Mixbus32c, Reason 12, ToneBoosters, TokyoDawnLabs...

fxp or vstpreset are features of the host (usually offered in the plugin window header).
AAX does different, AU as well. They all follow their own ideas.

Steinberg could change its mind at any hour, and replace their system. They also traditionally like to play monopolistic trickery with their formats, so we cannot rely on them.

Things must work everywhere, that's why we impose our own fully compatible layer. One that's even human readable and shareable via social media.

We plan to remove the user preset number limitation and extend the preset UI quite a bit in a forthcoming update. This will hopefully make everybody happy. :)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”