[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ConvertWithMoss converts multisamples from/to several formats:
  • 1010music blackbox, tangerine, bitbox (preset.xml)
  • Akai MPC/Force Keygroups (*.xpm)
  • CWITEC TX16Wx (*.txprog)
  • DecentSampler (*.dspreset, *.dslibrary)
  • Korg KMP/KSF (*.KMP)
  • Korg wavestate/modwave (*.korgmultisample)
  • Logic EXS24
  • Multisample Format - Bitwig Studio, Presonus Studio One (*.multisample)
  • Native Instruments Kontakt 1-7 (*.nki) - destination only Kontakt 1
  • Propellerhead Reason NN-XT (*.sxt)
  • SFZ (*.sfz)
  • SoundFont 2 (*.sf2) - only as source
  • TAL Sampler (*.talsmpl)
  • WAV files (*.wav)
(It started out as a Bitwig focused tool and was previously discussed here: viewtopic.php?t=522786)

Get it from: https://www.mossgrabers.de

Note: Read the installation notes in the manual first, especially for Macos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmbclwc ... 8L&index=1
Last edited by moss on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:06 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Version 4.6 is online!
  • New: SF2, SFZ, MPC: Support for Pitch bend range settings.
  • New: SF2, SFZ, Decent Sampler, MPC: Support for filter settings (incl. filter envelope).
  • New: SF2, SFZ, MPC: Support for Pitch envelope settings.
  • Fixed: SFZ: Logging of unsupported opcodes did add up.
  • Fixed: SFZ: Sample paths in metadata now always use forward slash.
  • Fixed: Decent Sampler: Sample files from dslibrary could not be written.
  • Fixed: Decent Sampler: Tuning was not read correctly (off by factor 100).
  • Fixed: Decent Sampler: Round-robin was not read and not written correctly.
Enjoy!

Woohoo, that's an unbelievable amount of work that you put into it.
Thanks for that! :)

The number of input formats - AND (!) the number of output formats
is quite large. Every single format requires a lot of training and
analysis. :love:

I still have a small question - or rather a suggestion - could you
make the installation "portable" so that you can run the conversion,
for example, directly from a USB stick? That would be great - kind
of the icing on the cake. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:09 pm Woohoo, that's an unbelievable amount of work that you put into it.
Thanks for that! :)

The number of input formats - AND (!) the number of output formats
is quite large. Every single format requires a lot of training and
analysis. :love:

I still have a small question - or rather a suggestion - could you
make the installation "portable" so that you can run the conversion,
for example, directly from a USB stick? That would be great - kind
of the icing on the cake. :wink:
The application is fully self-contained, so at least in theory it should work if you install it on an USB stick. Did you try?

Wow, this is an incredible usefull thing!!!
I have one question: I am a hughe fan of Shortcircuit2 and have a hughe library made with it. As I know it was the project shortly before the programmer was hired by ableton? Later working for bitwig. And so shortcircuit stayed unfinished. Is there any chance to be able to convert that format?
In my opinion it maybe still is THE best sampler out there... but compatibility issues make it difficult to use...

mccy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm Wow, this is an incredible usefull thing!!!
I have one question: I am a hughe fan of Shortcircuit2 and have a hughe library made with it. As I know it was the project shortly before the programmer was hired by ableton? Later working for bitwig. And so shortcircuit stayed unfinished. Is there any chance to be able to convert that format?
In my opinion it maybe still is THE best sampler out there... but compatibility issues make it difficult to use...
I hadn't heard of this before (seems Claes was busy in the past too :-)). I have no plans to support it.

Ok, thank you, good to know :-(

Hi Moss,

Thanks for putting this out there for free! what a great service you are doing for the music community!!

I just tried to install this on my mac (Catalina 10.15.7) and I get the following error when I try to open i.

“ConvertWithMoss.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

I downloaded the 4.6.0 dmg from http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Samp ... erter.html and dragged the copy to my applications folder and right click open. I tried to redownload but the same error occurs.

Any tips on what may be the issue?

No Mac here, but above:
Note: Read the installation notes in the manual first, especially for Macos!

:dog: I did read it and since it said Mojave I skipped it.

Thanks for politely pointing it out :tu:

I'm trying to setup some drum samples on the same note with multiple velocities with wav files. I'm having a hard time understanding the pattern matching for this without seeing some examples.

Detection pattern: _ms*_,S_*_

What does that match to?

For example, my current naming scheme is "Kick01 SomeName C1 v1.wav", where "v1" is the velocity value. I can change my naming convention or the pattern matching, but I have no idea how to do that. Currently, I get an error where it complains about combining multiple mono splits into stereo, which is not what I want.

"Detection pattern: Comma separated list of patterns to detect velocity layers. The pattern must contain a star character ("*"), which indicates the position which contains the layer number."

I see two star characters in that expression. Which one is the velocity? Can I get some examples of doing this? I've watched two of your tutorial videos but I didn't see anything about velocity values in the names.

DanBailiff wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:51 am I'm trying to setup some drum samples on the same note with multiple velocities with wav files. I'm having a hard time understanding the pattern matching for this without seeing some examples.

Detection pattern: _ms*_,S_*_

What does that match to?
The default pattern matches two different things (separated by the comma).

_ms*_
S_*_

The pattern matcher simply looks for this substring where the "*" is the velocity layer number.

E.g. "S_000_028_e0_L.wav" is matched by the 2nd.
DanBailiff wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:51 am For example, my current naming scheme is "Kick01 SomeName C1 v1.wav", where "v1" is the velocity value. I can change my naming convention or the pattern matching, but I have no idea how to do that. Currently, I get an error where it complains about combining multiple mono splits into stereo, which is not what I want.
" v*" (without the quotes) should work in your case but I am not fully sure about the space. If you want to append it, it would be: "_ms*_,S_*_, v*" (again without the quotes).

If you cannot make it work, please send me some example files.

EDIT: Ignore this - my assumption was incorrect

Moss, is the MIDI note name detection case-sensitive? I was having trouble with some files I exported from Kontakt, which had the naming convention "ShortBass_C2" for example. I tried appending a "_v1" to the files, even though there is only one velocity layer per note, but that didn't seem to help. In exasperation, I lowercased all the file names and suddenly the converter sprung to life! I could be wrong (maybe I was doing something else stupid), but it might be worth having a look at.

Thanks as always for all your hard work for the community!
Last edited by Hez on Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hez wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:19 pm Moss, is the MIDI note name detection case-sensitive? I was having trouble with some files I exported from Kontakt, which had the naming convention "ShortBass_C2" for example. I tried appending a "_v1" to the files, even though there is only one velocity layer per note, but that didn't seem to help. In exasperation, I lowercased all the file names and suddenly the converter sprung to life! I could be wrong (maybe I was doing something else stupid), but it might be worth having a look at.

Thanks as always for all your hard work for the community!
The note detection is case insensitive. The layer detection on the other hand is case sensitive.
There is no need to add a layer indicator if there is only 1 layer.

Only had a minor play so far with some wavs but works fine, think this is going to be a very useful tool, thanks a lot. At the very least, I can retire some of my hacky VBS scripts. :)
mccy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm I have one question: I am a hughe fan of Shortcircuit2 and have a hughe library made with it.
The team that resurrected Surge have the source to ShortCircuit2 and are planning a similar future for it. From how they've treated Surge, I'd be surprised if they didn't support existing libraries so you may just be able to use them straight at some point.

Project page is here: https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/shortcircuit-xt

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”