Xhun Audio ZeroBox : Analogue Bassline (ver 1.2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ZeroBox

Here's an excellent video demo by Eric Burgess from Music Marketing TV.

A very detailed walkthrough :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODFtp3WV0QE
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Excellent:)
Btw; discovered even more potential and juicy stuff just by playing with it for past few weeks :)

How does this compare with ABL3 and Beringer TD 3 ?

ZeroBox version 1.2 available : bringing a VCA circuit correction on the DSP side and some "embellishments" for the UI.

No luck with the preset skipping issue still? Obviously not in that new update, but is it still something for later on? Apologies, I don't remember your exact response on the subject last time.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Hi Choikdoi,

the presets navigation logic is still correct. If you consider HS's SAVIHost as a reference Host, you'll see presets will be advanced one by one as expected, indeed.

And that's the same for the majority of DAWs. Just a few ones (DAWs) advance +2 presets at each +1 arrow click. This is due to the interaction between the IDE framework (used for ZeroBox dev) and the way that specific DAW do handle such events. If something was wrong in the main logic, all DAWs would have this issue.

If ZeroBox logic is ported *as it is* on a different framework, that new framework would probably handle it correctly - unless that new framework has issues with other DAWs, and so on : again, it is a low-level interaction thing depending on how close a DAW adhere to a specific plugin standard.

I assume SAVIHost as a reference Host and everything is ok there, with all XA softwares.

If you have this +2 issue with your DAW, you have my apologies for the hassle but I hope you could understand : sure, it is a trivial bug, but a low-level fix is not so immediate and easy to accomplish, as it happens in a house of cards.

New frameworks will fix that, but choosing the proper framework (specially today, and looking forward to the next 20 years, al least!) is an *extremely grand change* and requires huge attention.

I quite enjoy using Zerobox but, what is this out of date installation process...?!
Please create proper installation app - like all other developers do !
The process of installing Zerobox update is ridiculous…
- search for previous versions on your PC
- delete files in number of folders -you have to search for it…
- download new version-zip file and move to folders specific to Zero box
- download new “key file” and place it somewhere-LoL
By this step I gave up….
Bottom line is - users of this plugin are musicians not always as tech savvy as you think :wink:

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:41 am I quite enjoy using Zerobox but, what is this out of date installation process...?!
By this step I gave up….
Bottom line is - users of this plugin are musicians not always as tech savvy as you think :wink:
I agree that the initial installation can be challenging, but for this update you only have to find and replace the main dll and/or vst3 file. The presets did not change (same file dates and sizes) and there is no need to re-register with the key file.
At least that is how it works here on my Windows PC.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:41 am I quite enjoy using Zerobox but, what is this out of date installation process...?!
By this step I gave up….
I remember posting this exact thing (listing all the steps) a few years ago and being asked by the developer to delete the message. Still to this day I'm not sure why I agreed as it really is a faff if you're not 100% sure what you're doing

mcbpete wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:15 pm I remember posting this exact thing (listing all the steps) a few years ago and being asked by the developer to delete the message. Still to this day I'm not sure why I agreed as it really is a faff if you're not 100% sure what you're doing
I like to think I am one of those who know what they are doing. So I am fine with the "user installation" method.

I would not mind an installer though as long as I can still choose my own preferred locations. I hate installers which automatically do stuff that is out of my control.

mountainmaster wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:11 am
By this step I gave up….
I agree that the initial installation can be challenging, but for this update you only have to find and replace the main dll and/or vst3 file. The presets did not change (same file dates and sizes) and there is no need to re-register with the key file.
At least that is how it works here on my Windows PC.
If you agree that installing your app can be “challenge” why. Not FIX it :x

Because he's not the developer 😅

At first Merry Xmas to everyone.

About the installation steps, it is a very easy and transparent procedure, as simple as copying a file into a folder. It requires a bounch of seconds and you always know 100% what you are installing on your computer.

To install :
- copy the plugin files into your plugins folder.
- copy the presets library files into the proper folder (as described in the instructions provided).

To update :
- replace the old plugin files with the new ones.

Authorization has to be completed just once. New updates do not require re-authorizations.

From other thread :
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:24 am VST 3 version is NOT compatible with latest versions of Cubase Pro, Ableton Live Suite, Reason and others...
That is on macOS Sonoma ver. 14.2.1 (latest) :(
Works as AU in Logic and Live though... :help:
BTW; Latest maxed out Mac mini M2 Pro.
Please be sure to add an exception in Gatekeeper for the VST3 plugin too :

https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=support

xhunaudio wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:11 pm From other thread :
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:24 am VST 3 version is NOT compatible with latest versions of Cubase Pro, Ableton Live Suite, Reason and others...
That is on macOS Sonoma ver. 14.2.1 (latest) :(
Works as AU in Logic and Live though... :help:
BTW; Latest maxed out Mac mini M2 Pro.
Please be sure to add an exception in Gatekeeper for the VST3 plugin too :

https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=support
I've done all that before posting...
After further investigation:
Cubase Pro 13, Live and Reason under Rosetta mode it works as expected but as soon as I switch these apps to Apple AS Native mode ZeroBox is either not available or simply reported as blocked in Cubase.
Conclusion - ZeroBox VST3 in current state is NOT AS native :(
Please make sure for future releases on macOS to go through this process:
https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... stribution
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”