Akai MPC Studio for Bitwig 4.1.2

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello people,

I installed Bitwig 4.1.2 on Win 10 and successfully installed DrivenByMoss 15.2.0 for my MPC Studio Controller before. The controller runs with simple play drum preset via program startup.

Image (https://ibb.co/F6LKvgh)

Because with the DrivenByMoss-15.2.0-Bitwig.zip extension does not include MPC Studio I wanted to ask how to set the controller for the best performance.

Image (https://ibb.co/K0vBkB4)

Kind Regards

dks84

dks84 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:47 am Because with the DrivenByMoss-15.2.0-Bitwig.zip extension does not include MPC Studio I wanted to ask how to set the controller for the best performance.
The Studio is not supported by DrivenByMoss since the protocol that the MPC/Force uses is not implemented by the Studio (and would not make much sense without the touch display).
Best bet is to given the Generic Flexi a shot.

Hello! Thank you for your answer I appreciate it. Ah ok I understand. Will there be a preset/mapping in the future? The MPC Studio is also still quite new. With the Generic Flexi then everything must be mapped manually or. I am new with bitwig, but will give it a try. Kind Regards dks84

moss wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:49 pm
dks84 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:47 am Because with the DrivenByMoss-15.2.0-Bitwig.zip extension does not include MPC Studio I wanted to ask how to set the controller for the best performance.
The Studio is not supported by DrivenByMoss since the protocol that the MPC/Force uses is not implemented by the Studio (and would not make much sense without the touch display).
Hello Moss and hello dks84,

I would like to make use of the AKAI MPC STUDIO in Bitwig as well. Looking at the controller design, its pretty similar to the Maschine MK3 Micro.

Question @Moss: I know some basic Java Programming and I've had a look at the source-code of your (great-thanks a lot!) controller implementation of the Micro. :

Do i get it right that it should be possible with a few basic adaptions to make your Code work for the Akai in MIDI-MODE? It would be really great to be able to take advantage of your framework and its fonctionality! Mostly i'd see the need to change the mapping of the cc messages, but for sure there is more.
Are there important steps or are there problems which i don't see that will be tricky ?
Which classes would you recommend me to check first to get some basic functionality running (from there on, i could go with trial and error...) ?
Thanks a lot!

FabFabFab wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:21 pm
moss wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:49 pm
Hello Moss and hello dks84,

I would like to make use of the AKAI MPC STUDIO in Bitwig as well. Looking at the controller design, its pretty similar to the Maschine MK3 Micro.

Question @Moss: I know some basic Java Programming and I've had a look at the source-code of your (great-thanks a lot!) controller implementation of the Micro. :

Do i get it right that it should be possible with a few basic adaptions to make your Code work for the Akai in MIDI-MODE? It would be really great to be able to take advantage of your framework and its fonctionality! Mostly i'd see the need to change the mapping of the cc messages, but for sure there is more.
Are there important steps or are there problems which i don't see that will be tricky ?
Which classes would you recommend me to check first to get some basic functionality running (from there on, i could go with trial and error...) ?
Thanks a lot!
As I said I do not have the device and can only do some guessing. If I assume correctly it can only send MIDI messages. In that case you are quicker simply using my Generic Flexi to do some mapping.
If you want to have a go yourself it is easier to start from scratch than trying to understand my code.

okay, i'll do that and thank you for your fast reply!

Bahahaha!
Well this controller is going to stay in the box at that point for me as well. I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but Moss- Which controller that you currently make BitWIg extensions for would you say works most fluently? I'll save myself the nightmare and spring for the right one? Cheers

Return to “Controller Scripting”