Kit Creator generates MPC, Ableton Live, TAL-Drum, Speedrum, Impact XT, Sitala Kits + more (MAC/WIN)

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kit Creator

One of the Sitala developers here. We had one of your customers contact us since they'd bought some Sitala kits from your site that weren't working for them. Looks like Kit Creator is embedding absolute paths into the generated .sitala files, so the kits that are on your site will only work on your machine.

Here's an example from the XML in the kit file:

Code: Select all

<sound slot="0" name="BD 707-1 014.wav" md5="c9355ed519a9b21745466466423e922d"
sampleStart="4" sampleEnd="18816" internal="" origin="file:///Volumes/VALLEY%20F/Linked%20Folders/HGS%20EXT/Samples/Vibration/Releases/SD-TD-Sitala/Vibrations/Samples/Bass%20Drums/BD%20707-1%20014.wav"
activemappings="1" external="/Volumes/VALLEY F/Linked Folders/HGS EXT/Samples/Vibration/Releases/SD-TD-Sitala/Vibrations/Samples/Bass Drums/BD 707-1 014.wav">
For the Sitala file format, it'd make sense to base things off of our format that's generated via "Export Kit for Distribution..." since that uses relative paths and strips out unnecessary meta data (like the origin= attribute).

Thanks for pointing that out, I’m pretty sure I addressed that in the next beta, but I’ll double check to be sure :) It should be out in the next week, I’m currently in the middle of adding a feature & life has got in the way a bit lately.

On another note whilst you are here, do you have any plans for prev/next buttons for loading presets in Sitala?

I’ve just checked Vibrations, and I have re-uploaded fixed versions so it is already fixed in KC, could you ask them to re-download the new versions if possible? Thanks!

Astralp wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:15 pm On another note whilst you are here, do you have any plans for prev/next buttons for loading presets in Sitala?
We've talked about it and tentatively planned it, but got kind of stuck in the weeds about whether or not to have buttons plus MIDI PC, only buttons or only MIDI PC. At this point it's unlikely to make it into the release we're circling in on not for any interesting reasons -- just because we're mostly frozen on new features for the next one already.

Hi, I've tried Kit Creator and found some minor inaccuracy in results of conversions.

I translated MPC's .xpm files into .sitala, .sfz and .speedkit. Among the resulting files, .speedkits are OK. But .sitala files have all 16 wave shapes assigned to -82% which shortens the waves. As for .sfz, samples are playing looped, so an additional opcode "loop_mode=no_loop" shall be inserted under <group> header. For information, all parameters and templates remained untouched as default.

In general, it is a powerful tool that helps a lot to safe a time. Thanks.
Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 22.47.26.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks very much for the report, the conversion side of it is younger than the rest & so hasn’t had as much attention, please let me know of any other issues that come up. I’ll try & get a fix out by the end of next week.

Hi, please check the template files for Impact xt and Sitala. All empty pads in originals after conversion contain references to same file with location: file:///Volumes/R2D2/HGS/Samples/Vibrations/Releases/Vibrations Samples 44.1k/Bass Drums/BD 606 013.wav. I tried to fix templates unsuccessfully. Thanks!

Can you get in touch via email? It doubt it will be an issue with the templates, the files get replaced & so it doesn’t matter what samples are assigned. It’s more like an issue with the source conversion files and I will have a guess that they are Ableton Live .adg? The Live conversion is very tricky, it’s an unbelievably complex data structure which can have dozens of nested items. In the end I concentrated on just searching/pulling the samples for remapping. If you have some non working examples, it would be helpful to send them to me so I can see why it isn’t working and adapt my code.

If it’s another problem, the same applies, if you can send me screen shots of the process & folder panels & an example source file I can figure out what’s happening :)

https://hgsounds.com/contact-hgs/

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

V1.01 is now released, both above issues are fixed, thanks for reporting & let me know if you find any other problems :)
  • Now Kit Creator removes unused pad data in all export formats where no sample
    is assigned.
  • Fixed a bug where the MPC One-Shot setting was ignored when converting from the format

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, it is v 1.02 but I forgot to increment the version number! Sorry about that, can you send me an example of a file that isn’t working? It makes it 100% easier to fix as I can see exactly what’s going on. You can send to debug (at) hgsounds.com

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turns out there was a deprecated tag ‘OneShot’ which nowadays has been replaced with ‘TriggerMode’ so I’ve added support for it. I also took the opportunity to add an override option to the conversion page so you can choose to set to either state regardless of the source file if needed.

Thanks for sending the file, I couldn’t have fixed it otherwise, I’ve come across a few MPC deprecated tags but not this one!

v1.03
  • Now checks for deprecated MPC tag ‘OneShot’ as well as the modern ‘TriggerMode’
  • Added new option to the convert page which allows overriding the One-shot mode.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”