Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

Fannon wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:10 am Does that imply that Zebra Legacy will also get a CLAP release (in the next months), including note expression support (like Filterscape)?
Of course Zebra2 will also get CLAP support, we just cannot give an ETA for the next update yet. There's a lot of stuff to do for each plugin, we are tackling all of this one by one.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:12 am
Fannon wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:10 am Does that imply that Zebra Legacy will also get a CLAP release (in the next months), including note expression support (like Filterscape)?
Of course Zebra2 will also get CLAP support, we just cannot give an ETA for the next update yet. There's a lot of stuff to do for each plugin, we are tackling all of this one by one.
Thanks, thats great news that this will come.
No hurries about it, I'm already happy that you have it on the agenda. I'm aware you've got a lot of other things to do that are more urgent.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

I can't promise Note Expressions for Zebra2 CLAP versions just yet. We need to evaluate what it means/takes before we can make any official statement.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:40 pm Lately I' v been playing with synclavier go ( even got a beta invite from the great Cameron Jones himself because I discovered some old bugs )
Beta invite because of the bugs? This reminds me that BLEASS gave me the Omega synth and its presets because I found that neither Alpha nor Omega would have state saving in Ableton and some other DAWs.

Korg Supporter wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:27 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:40 pm Lately I' v been playing with synclavier go ( even got a beta invite from the great Cameron Jones himself because I discovered some old bugs )
Beta invite because of the bugs?
Yep , because the bug remained under the radar for 5 years
To make it sound even more spectaculair , Cameron gave me an amazing deal on the hardware Regen , but I didn't accept it becasue I've got other (financial ) priorities
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hi, I use Zebra 2 a lot. Here are some feature requests for Zebra 3:

- Random numbers as modulations sources like Hive. Seems like Hive Random is generating a different random number for every target and that is very useful.
- Instead of having EQs as a type of VCF for VCF1-4, have 4 separate EQ modules. I find the absolute best way to add clarity to a poly synth is cutting with a low shelf EQ relative to Key Follow position in each lane. I run out of filters doing this. It sounds much better than a static EQ on Main.
- Voice count as a number rather than "few, medium, many."
- V-Slope style slider for Glide parameter.
- Modulation Matrix as a bigger UI element like Zebra 2's Synthesis, Perform, and Presets. Ability to sort by modulation source and modulation target. Have ALL modulations visible in the Modulation Matrix, even defaults and those added via each of the module drop-down menus.

Please keep Key Scale Pitch control on each oscillator. It's really useful. Thanks for MTS-ESP support.

Banger requests

Just in case people reading in here missed it: There's now a thread on Zebralette 3 and it's progress: viewtopic.php?t=606111
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Very much agreed on the voice count bit: it's very nice being able to choose a specific number for a specific chord sequence you're working on. It can change the whole vibe of the synth and how it works in the mix.
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

No worries, we learned that roughly 15 years ago, and all our releases since had precise voice number selection.

FishInAJar wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:12 pm - Instead of having EQs as a type of VCF for VCF1-4, have 4 separate EQ modules. I find the absolute best way to add clarity to a poly synth is cutting with a low shelf EQ relative to Key Follow position in each lane. I run out of filters doing this. It sounds much better than a static EQ on Main.
My fantasy is the full Snapshot EQ from Filterscape VA in Z3

Would agree with sortable matrix view and also not split to various tabs then, better scrollable. Sortable, searchable & highlightable, showing also unremovable fixed modulations for a perfect overview. Maybe expandable. Drag‘n‘dropable for targets and also source pads. Maybe even from titles of modules?

If you mouse over an lfo or osc, the matrix could auto highlight related slots then.

Or there could be an exclusive focus border for each module, which you set with a click on the module, so then the matrix could filter out every unrelated slot. This would make it much more simple and intuitive, IMO.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:59 pm
FishInAJar wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:12 pm - Instead of having EQs as a type of VCF for VCF1-4, have 4 separate EQ modules. I find the absolute best way to add clarity to a poly synth is cutting with a low shelf EQ relative to Key Follow position in each lane. I run out of filters doing this. It sounds much better than a static EQ on Main.
My fantasy is the full Snapshot EQ from Filterscape VA in Z3
So, custom, morphable filter shapes, right ? If so, imagine editing these with something akin to the wavetable editor. :love:

note to self : gotta check Filterscape :oops:
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

@UHE - you should really put Filterscape VA in the synth section of your web site as well as the FX section, its a pretty awesome synth, not sure how much the word is out that vis is am instrument not just an FX!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

nilhartman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:28 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:59 pm My fantasy is the full Snapshot EQ from Filterscape VA in Z3
So, custom, morphable filter shapes, right ? If so, imagine editing these with something akin to the wavetable editor. :love:

note to self : gotta check Filterscape :oops:
You gotta try the Snapshot EQ in Filterscape VA. Note that it is polyphonic. It's one of the most useful tools ever in any synth!

Return to “u-he”