Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

TENETfanboy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:52 am New Hans interview just came out where he mentioned his 5 resonator version of ZebraHZ (and if I’m going to speculate, I’d imagine there were other feature requests) and I hope we’ll see it released one day. In that past he’d said he wanted to do a Dune version of ZebraHZ with a bunch of the presets included exactly like they did for The Dark Knight trilogy version and it would be released after Dune 2, now they’re going to do Dune 3 of course but I still hope it happens!!
Link please?

limitlesssss wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:07 am
TENETfanboy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:52 am New Hans interview just came out where he mentioned his 5 resonator version of ZebraHZ (and if I’m going to speculate, I’d imagine there were other feature requests) and I hope we’ll see it released one day. In that past he’d said he wanted to do a Dune version of ZebraHZ with a bunch of the presets included exactly like they did for The Dark Knight trilogy version and it would be released after Dune 2, now they’re going to do Dune 3 of course but I still hope it happens!!
Link please?
https://composer.spitfireaudio.com/en/a ... sBFzZWl79g

I can only imagine what Hans' thoughts are once he starts playing with Zebralette 3 and the demands he comes up with haha

Shiek927 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:45 am I can only imagine what Hans' thoughts are once he starts playing with Zebralette 3 and the demands he comes up with haha
He told me last weekend, he's currently still busy with Dune Part 2 stuff. Hey, looks like I made it into the liner notes of the soundtrack album 8)

I'm sure he's gonna like what he sees and hears once he finds the time to play with it.

Urs wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:21 am
Shiek927 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:45 am I can only imagine what Hans' thoughts are once he starts playing with Zebralette 3 and the demands he comes up with haha
He told me last weekend, he's currently still busy with Dune Part 2 stuff. Hey, looks like I made it into the liner notes of the soundtrack album 8)

I'm sure he's gonna like what he sees and hears once he finds the time to play with it.
Busy with a score/film that’s already out?! Interesting…

TENETfanboy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:18 am Busy with a score/film that’s already out?! Interesting…
I guess some of the work begins when the product is ready. Dunno.

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:27 am
TENETfanboy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:18 am Busy with a score/film that’s already out?! Interesting…
I guess some of the work begins when the product is ready. Dunno.
Mastering or tweaks for DVD / streaming, edits for different territories / extra content I would have thought.

Or maybe also arranging the final score for the live show.

Or are there some sets of Desert Zebra presets on the horizon? :)

Not from our side. We have wrapped up Zebra2 in Zebra Legacy, so we have no plans to release separate soundsets for it anymore.

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:07 pm Not from our side. We have wrapped up Zebra2 in Zebra Legacy, so we have no plans to release separate soundsets for it anymore.
This was kind of a joke. However, Zebra 2 will be used for the next 5... 10 years I guess, so this could be seen as an additional source of income.

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:07 pm Not from our side. We have wrapped up Zebra2 in Zebra Legacy, so we have no plans to release separate soundsets for it anymore.
Will there be a CLAP version for these though?
And if so, what is that ETA?

BBFG# wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:46 pm
Will there be a CLAP version for these though?
And if so, what is that ETA?
Yes, but no ETA.

Any news on the Apple Silicon Native AAX version? Love to get to use Zebra Legacy on Pro Tools.....

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Dear u-he Team and Fellow Zebra Enthusiasts,

I hope this message finds you well and brimming with creative energy as always. I'm reaching out today to share an idea that could potentially set a new standard in the realm of virtual synthesizers, particularly for Zebra 3, which we eagerly anticipate.

The core of my request is the implementation of a "Per Channel Tuning" feature in the upcoming Zebra 3 synthesizer. This innovative approach to tuning would enable composers and sound designers to utilize up to 2048 distinct pitches within a single instance of the synthesizer. The concept, though seemingly futuristic, is rooted in the practical application of more complex tuning systems, such as microtemperaments and various Equal Division of the Octave (EDO) systems, which are challenging to achieve with current virtual synthesizer technologies.

In essence, "Per Channel Tuning" (https://en.xen.wiki/w/Tuning_per_channel) allows for each MIDI channel to support 128 pitches, multiplied across 16 channels, culminating in the aforementioned 2048 distinct pitch possibilities. This feature could revolutionize the way we think about and create music, allowing for compositions in tuning systems that require a vast number of notes, such as 72-EDO (https://en.xen.wiki/w/72edo) across 7 octaves (requiring 504 notes), 87-EDO (https://en.xen.wiki/w/87edo) (requiring 609 notes), 99-EDO (https://en.xen.wiki/w/99edo) (requiring 693 notes) or even 270-EDO (https://en.xen.wiki/w/270edo) over 7 octaves (requiring 1890 notes).

Currently, the vast majority of virtual synthesizers offer only 128 distinct pitches, significantly limiting the creative possibilities for composers interested in exploring beyond traditional Western tuning systems. These limitations make it exceedingly difficult to work within compositions and Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) beyond 32 notes per octave (less than 4 octaves available) and practically impossible beyond 64 notes per octave (less than 2 octaves available).

Implementing "Per Channel Tuning" in Zebra 3 would not only break these boundaries but also establish Zebra 3 as a leader and pioneer in the field, offering capabilities that are virtually unmatched by any other virtual synthesizer on the market. Such a feature would not only enhance the musical possibilities for individual composers and sound designers but also contribute significantly to the evolution of music as a whole, opening up new horizons for exploration and creativity.

While the technical challenges of implementing such a system are acknowledged, the benefits, I believe, far outweigh these challenges. Not many plugins support this tuning scheme currently, but with Zebra's history of innovation and excellence, I am confident that it can be achieved, setting a new standard for musical exploration.

I sincerely hope you will consider this request, not just as a technical enhancement, but as a pivotal step forward in the ongoing journey of musical innovation. Your work has always inspired and enabled creative minds around the world, and this addition could very well be a milestone in the history of music production.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I, along with many in the community, eagerly await your response and the continued evolution of Zebra 3.

Warmest regards

Return to “u-he”