Can't open "Zebralette" within Carla PlugIn-Host under Linux but "Zebra2"

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

Really like to see u-he is supporting native linux plug-ins, thank you so much!

I loaded today 'Zebra2_293_12092_Linux.tar.xz' and would like to use Zebralette within Carla 2.5.0.

After a rescan in Carla I can see four plug-ins, but they all refer to 'Zebra2.vst3', and regardless which i choose
it opens always Zebra2.

If i do in Ardour, i can use Zebralette.

Is this a known behaviour or more Carla related?

Thank you for reading!

(I'm asking this in the general channel short before too, and was referred to this)

Hi, this is Zebralette 291 in carla, in Ubuntu-spinoff Bodhi Linux 6.
In the qjackctl panel in the screenshot, there is a connection from Zebralette to System, as if Carla is treating Zebralette output like a standalone synth. This is apparently Carla's (very busy) dev's specific approach to connecting plugin outputs to the souncard output, not specific to U-he. Could be a handy feature for plugin-to-effects routings outside of daws. :hyper:

For curiosity sake, I installed qtractor daw, and it kept Zebralette and other non-U-he plugins 'inside the daw', not presenting them by name in qjackctl.

Zebralette-291-carla.jpg

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Updated to latest Zebralette V293, and is working fine, in the same setup as above.
It's connected in both the Audio and Midi panels in qjackctl/

It's the vst2 Zebralette. The vst3 version would not load.

My Carla version is 5.2.4.3-1, not the Carla-Git version 5.2.5-0, which is
also listed in Synaptic package manager.

Zebralette-293-Carla.png

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here is Zebralette 293 vst3i running in linux Reaper V661

So Carla may need some work in that department.

Zebralette-vst3i-Reaper.png

Cheers

Return to “u-he Linux support”