XML editing is great!!!

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on a 70 GB drum library with around 30,000 samples, most sounds have around 64 velocity layers, and programming it would be almost impossible with a graphic interface. I was previously using Reaper's ReaSamplOmatic5000 because it has a list-based interface. Then I figured out that TX16Wx saves programs in a human-editable XML format, and I could create a template and use find & replace to change the file name for each sound. "CR 16 001" becomes "CR 18 001" etc. TX16Wx doesn't do multichannel files, but I found a workaround by placing identically named stereo files in directories named "close" and "room," making a copy of the preset file and changing "close" to "room," and merging the groups into 1 program. I have to create programs for around 500 sounds (lots of drum variations and hat articulations), and I got the process down so it only takes about 1 minute per program.

Is this the only software sampler that has human-editable program files, or does Kontakt have some kind of secret back end that they only give to big developers? :hihi: TX16Wx really saved the day, the programmer did a great job.

PS. It it OK if I post a product announcement in a few weeks when it's ready?

Afaik, no other samplers (beyond SFZ playback units) have neither documented or "human-editable" file formats. In general, products try to force you into a lock-in situation. One of the main goals of TX16Wx is that users will be able to control their patch library, and convert it should they ever feel the need to move on.

TX uses an XML format because it is structured and has a strict schema, which makes it both editable by humans as you say, but even more, easily readable/writeable by the casual programmer.

Feel free to post any info on the library you are working on, I'm looking forwards to hearing about it.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Decent sampler have human editable configuration file

True, but it is not really a general-purpose sampler. More a "rompler scripting kit". Which is great for some purposes, but not the niche TX is trying to fill.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I previously took a look at SFZ and I don't think I could hack it. I need to do some things with a text interface and other things with a graphic interface.

Return to “CWITEC”