The new version of Maize 2.9.0 is out and it brings new things, tell me your experience.

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It was to be expected that Caoxiang would take action on the matter with respect to Maize and came with everything to improve it, adding new effects such as (Distortion, Delay and chorus) without forgetting that the Reverb will no longer be like the traditional one, now you can manipulate them with (Size , damping, width and the mix) I was seriously thinking about moving to Romplur from the company StudioLinked but I noticed many things that I did not like, we know that in Maize it is a bit difficult to take into account the suggestions of the users since it is a single developer and therefore Romplur is a complete team, but we will continue to strongly encourage Caoxiang to continue evolving Maize.
Thanks Caoxiang for the new update 2.9.0 hoping that version 3 is a bomb and comes with new things. :clap:

I just tested the latest version 2.90. FANTASTIC :clap: . Xiang updated Maize Sampler with very high quality effects ( Distortion, Chorus, Delay and Reverb ) and these effects with all adjustable parameters. And on top of that the addition of the Analogic VU Meter :phones: . Everything working perfect and fast here in my DAW Studio one. Featured are the adjustable parameters of the Delay effect with adjustable time up to 1/32 (stereo). Congratulations and now Maize is cooler than ever. :tu:

I have been testing this version of Maize for several weeks, I have asked Xiang if he can add an option to be able to choose the type of reverb, the one he has added sounds very metallic, it is not very pleasant, it sounds like a spring reverb.

QuietMusic wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:41 pm I have been testing this version of Maize for several weeks, I have asked Xiang if he can add an option to be able to choose the type of reverb, the one he has added sounds very metallic, it is not very pleasant, it sounds like a spring reverb.
Yes, maybe a softer reverb, but this one is really cool and quite adjustable, and I'll give Xiang a suggestion: Incorporate in the future a sector to change the frequency of the samples, with powerful lfos and filters to incorporate a "synthesizer" inside Maize Sampler :D

Nice to hear. Haven't used it in a long while, wondering if it's still exporting all formats like before (vst 2 particularly)?

The effects are a very welcome addition, especially the tempo-synced delay. And the VU-meter will definitely be fun to implement.

I've been helping Xiang to solve some issues with importing EXS files. It's working much better now.

I'd love to see resonance for the filter and even some kind of envelope modulation, even if it followed the amp envelope as a start. 😍

I actually like the reverb. I call it 'vintage reverb' when describing my plugins. But then I'm making mostly retro-themed plugins anyway so it suits my use case. It would be amazing to have different algorithms. Even better, a convolution reverb where we could supply our own impulse responses! 🙏

bojanboyss wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:33 pm Nice to hear. Haven't used it in a long while, wondering if it's still exporting all formats like before (vst 2 particularly)?
VST2 are working well in every DAW I tested on Mac OS. Take a look at the chart here: viewtopic.php?t=585405

dannytaurus wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:49 pm
bojanboyss wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:33 pm Nice to hear. Haven't used it in a long while, wondering if it's still exporting all formats like before (vst 2 particularly)?
VST2 are working well in every DAW I tested on Mac OS. Take a look at the chart here: viewtopic.php?t=585405
Nice, thanks. What about Windows OS?
The reason I asked, there is current trend by developers, slowly rising, to discontinue vst2 and provide vst3 only. So I'm afraid when Maize stops offering to export vst2 we'll have to keep various versions for different exports. I'm glad we are not there yet.
Read somewhere in this forum that this is the case (different Maize versions) for different older OSs (win7 I think). By your table I see Mac OS doesn't have that problem

bojanboyss wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:20 am Nice, thanks. What about Windows OS?
The reason I asked, there is current trend by developers, slowly rising, to discontinue vst2 and provide vst3 only. So I'm afraid when Maize stops offering to export vst2 we'll have to keep various versions for different exports. I'm glad we are not there yet.
Read somewhere in this forum that this is the case (different Maize versions) for different older OSs (win7 I think). By your table I see Mac OS doesn't have that problem
My next step is to set up virtual machines so I can test against Windows 8.1/10/11. I'll update my post when I'm there.

Regarding VST2 export - I can't imagine Xiang will stop offering that unless there is a compelling reason to. The way the new Maize works is you export all the instruments as MSE files. The actual plugin generated (AU/VST2/VST3) is just a shell that loads and plays the MSE files. The vast majority of work goes into the MSE instruments, which are portable between any of the plugin shells, so hopefully we won't have any issues down the line.

Thanks dannytaurus!
Small suggestion, win8 isn't that popular among recent Windows versions*. Majority users are either on win7 or win 10/11.
*my opinion

Yes Vst2 is there.

Hi guys, I'm creating a plugin and I have everything ready in the GUI (knobs, fader, keyboard, meter, etc.) but on the left side, right next to the keyboard, I designed some knobs to simulate the mod wheels as physical keyboards , to one "Left" I assigned the option of (Pitch bend) and to the other "right" I assigned the option of (Midi modulation wheel CC#1) to simulate the vibratos, I exported it and opened it in Fl Studio and when I play some notes everything goes fine, but when I try to play some notes and use the modulators it does not do any function nor does it move in the exported plugin as I move the modulator of my M-Audio keyboard, someone already programmed this function can you give me the step by step to be able to achieve this modulation function and make the plugin react to any midi keyboard that has mod wheels.
Greetings and a strong hug!

Return to “Maizesoft”