I am seeing more banned people than I ever saw before

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what is going on?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

viewtopic.php?t=44705

Maybe rule #2 was broken?

I'm guessing the unpaid mods just love having to explain themselves to other members, I'm sure it's a real highlight for them.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I noticed that too. I was recently blocked and suspended! :shock:

Why? I teased Hink because he wrote a long post in HPC with the heading “Jill Biden” and then ranted about everything except her! :oops: Hink threatened us to not say his rant was “stupid” but of course I could not resist :troll: so he blocked me from HPC, which is fine. Then I made a post in another thread about blaming global warming on Jill Biden :wheee: and I was suspended. No surprise.

Perhaps Hink lost his sense of humour as a result of taking his lofty role :uhuhuh: too seriously (or is just a thin-skinned bully :P ), but I have no ill will. Hink is quite sincerely who he is, just as I enjoy larrikin humour!! :D
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

I had to look larrikin up.

Like an aussie edgelord, right?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:15 am I had to look larrikin up.
Like an aussie edgelord, right?
Nah, a larrikin would take the piss out of an edgelord for being full of himself.
The most famous larrikin in Australia was Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter -- constantly poking the status quo, particularly regarding treatment of animals.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

revvy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:11 am viewtopic.php?t=44705

I'm guessing the unpaid mods just love having to explain themselves to other members, I'm sure it's a real highlight for them.
bad day?

ATS wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 am what is going on?
People are going nuts.

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:30 am
ATS wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 am what is going on?
People are going nuts.
damn if being nuts gets you banned I am in real trouble :lol:

I mean... people are going completely nuts. ;)

I haven't really noticed that you're nuts, but, hey...

ATS wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:27 am

bad day?
Responding to your thread. Stating what I see as the truth.

You've been on here years, like me and seen folks suspended, banned, threads about it and mods saying they domt like the threads about it. Ain't no thang.

revvy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:49 am
ATS wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:27 am

bad day?
Responding to your thread. Stating what I see as the truth.

You've been on here years, like me and seen folks suspended, banned, threads about it and mods saying they domt like the threads about it. Ain't no thang.
they really don't HAVE to answer, if they do they do, if they don't they don't.

And if they come to a decision, they don't have to explain it to anyone, or want lengthy discussions by other forum members about their decisions.

Let's not forget that forums are privately run, and we're all here by goodwill of the site owner(s). There's no implicitness of adding a forum for exchange of opinions on your commercial site.

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:01 am And if they come to a decision, they don't have to explain it to anyone, or want lengthy discussions by other forum members about their decisions.

Let's not forget that forums are privately run, and we're all here by goodwill of the site owner(s). There's no implicitness of adding a forum for exchange of opinions on your commercial site.
Exactly.

Anatomy of a banning I saw last week:

Dude had disagreement with other dude and started posting several angry posts and some really threatening, violent posts. Aggressive dude got banned, ugly posts got deleted. Sure plenty of othes saw what went down but there was no public chatter as I guess we all realized there probably wasn't much else to say about it.

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:01 am And if they come to a decision, they don't have to explain it to anyone, or want lengthy discussions by other forum members about their decisions.

But isn't that the main point of a forum, to exchange opinions? Or are you specifically referring to HPC? Of course the Mods are entitled to do as they like but it says something about them if their choice of people to suspend is dependent solely upon how upset they are personally.

Erisian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:20 am But isn't that the main point of a forum, to exchange opinions?
Yes. Where have I claimed anything else? Read and comprehend.
Erisian wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:20 amOf course the Mods are entitled to do as they like but it says something about them if their choice of people to suspend is dependent solely upon how upset they are personally.
So you accuse the mods here of banning people solely because they're personally upset. That says a lot about you really. 1. You won't even know why a member was banned, because, in most cases, the posts which led to the ban are removed. 2. A mod doesn't have to, and in most cases won't state the reason for a ban.

Which means you won't know the reason for a ban as a user, and shouldn't make up reasons for a ban.

Return to “Site Stuff”