Arturia Software Center installation bugs

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a month-long back and forth with Andrés in Arturia support that only got me more frustrated, with each ineffective response, so curious if anyone else has seen this problem.

On a Macbook M1, attempted to upgrade Analog Lab V and repeatedly get the following error at the end of the installation:

An error occurred during installation.
The installation failed.

The plugins and everything is put in place, but they fail to launch. I cannot downgrade either. I uninstalled and manually deleted all the components of Analog Lab from /Library/Arturia/Analog Lab V and from /Library/Audio/... and it does not help. I have tried just selecting to install the Resources and nothing else, and it still fails. I have tried complete uninstall/reinstall of ASC.

This is with 2.4.3.1965 versions of Arturia Software Center.

I was able to work around it by installing the standalone version of Analog Lab, on my own not suggested by support. Now ASC believes that Analog Lab is not installed. After going through uninstall and reinstall a few times, at the suggestion of Arturia support, nothing changes. So I know I can replicate the two bugs. The failure of Analog Lab V install to complete when installed via ASC. And the failure of ASC to detect a standalone install of Analog Lab V.

I'm trying. I explicitly offered to help debug the issue, but instead kept getting shots in the dark at what it might be as solutions. The problem is it's a bug. I am offering to help debug it. Is there no means for Andrés to escalate? Arturia, I want you to have better installers and willing to meet you half way to figure out where the real root cause of my specific problems might be, so what gives?

No issues here with an M1 Pro.

Did ASC request you to grant access to system folders? It has to write to /Library/Arturia, which should require admin rights.

For full uninstall, you would have to manually delete that data.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Are you on Big Sur? Could be that. I am almost positive I gave admin rights and manually deleted all the data in between attempts. Seems like it hung on finalizing at the very end of the install. Guess my edge case is too edgy or something. If ASC would recognize that I installed as standalone, that would suffice for me.

Hello,

I'm very sorry to read this.

If the tech support is not able to find a solution, which can happen, it is definitely not acceptable that the issue is transfered to a developer, especially when you are proposing to help to debug the issue.

I will review it internally and make sure we get back to you soon.

Kevin

Kevin, there is definitely something wack with Arturia tech support. More than just a language barrier. I received a follow-up from Jules today referring to a set of fixes that have nothing to do with my environment. I'm not sure where those assumptions came from, but the most recent steps suggested were not helpful. In fact they almost read as if someone was responding to a different case. :o

Once my issue was properly escalated I did receive excellent support from Arturia. Was able to get ASC to install and recognize Analog Lab V and learned how to debug in the future. Unfortunately they were unable to duplicate the issue in-house, so call it an extreme edge case. I am happy with the outcome.

Glad to read that we finally managed to help you resolve your issue. Sorry again for the misunderstandings.

Reviving this to ask OP if they could share what they learned in terms of debugging in the future? I'm encountering all kinds of bugs with ASC trying to uninstall, install, update, or do anything else to get my suite of plug-ins working on my M1 Mac with my Arturia resources folder on an external drive.

merges wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:41 pm Reviving this to ask OP if they could share what they learned in terms of debugging in the future? I'm encountering all kinds of bugs with ASC trying to uninstall, install, update, or do anything else to get my suite of plug-ins working on my M1 Mac with my Arturia resources folder on an external drive.
Some things I found:
  1. Under ASC Preferences > Advanced, whether the Silent Install option is checked or not can make a difference. Changing that solves the problem I encountered (and still encounter with every update). Something about *not* doing a silent install is broken. They could not duplicate it and once I had a work-around I stopped trying.
  2. Arturia will tell you that you need to enable full disk access in System Preferences for ASC, but I have not found that to be true. Could be worth looking into, and in your case you might want to try giving ASC explicit permissions to access removable media.
  3. If you really want to get dirty with logging and debugging, you can edit the files agent_log.conf and log.conf in
    /Library/ArturiaSC/Arturia Software Center/
    Just backup your original and edit a copy that changes all the levels under //Category to debug. After you do that and run ASC, it should generate two files on your desktop, ASC_GUI.log and ASC_Agent.log ... and those may give you more insights.

Return to “Arturia”