Which plugins/synths are the same on iOS as desktop?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Which plugins/synths are the same on iOS as desktop?

The ones i know so far is fabfilter and some of moogs plugins like model 15..
And know sugar-bytes drumcomputer is the same and probably sugar bytes other apps too

never tried them myself, but i think Audio Damage?
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

OB-Xd synth has exactly the same DSP running as Desktop version.

Klevgrand, Toneboosters, Audiomodern, Bleass, ChowDSP, Eventide, IK Multimedia (some things), Soniclab, TAl (only one synth).

Anything that is a universal app will apply, so the Moog's (Animoog, Model 15, Model D), Drambo, Audulus 4 (just released), Koala, the new Unfiltered Audio bundle, FAC effects, Tera Pro. Whole bunch of them now!

A lot of them are labeled as not tested, and a lot don‘t really work that well or crash on desktop… A lot has to be ironed out, and I wonder when the first AUv3 hosts and wrappers appear… (beside Logic and Mainstage…)

KOrg electribe R on ipad-iphone sounds exactly the same as the vst version .
Only differences are fx anf tube output not found on iphone version
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:37 am A lot of them are labeled as not tested, and a lot don‘t really work that well or crash on desktop… A lot has to be ironed out, and I wonder when the first AUv3 hosts and wrappers appear… (beside Logic and Mainstage…)
Ableton live has AUv3 support now.

Korg has a bunch that are the same.
Imaginando plugins too

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:37 am A lot of them are labeled as not tested, and a lot don‘t really work that well or crash on desktop… A lot has to be ironed out, and I wonder when the first AUv3 hosts and wrappers appear… (beside Logic and Mainstage…)
OP didn't specify whether the request was for iOS apps that can be installed on the desktop or whether the developer makes a version for iOS and macOS. You're referring to the former, but some devs offer two different version.

I was surprised at how many iOS apps that I purchased for iPad worked on my M1. As noted above Ableton Live now supports AUv3. As does Reaper!

Many devs have been named already, but notably Unfiltered Audio made a big push recently to port to iOS. Inphonik hasn't been mentioned. Bleass has moved from iOS to macOS. Caelum Audio, Nembrini, Eventide, DDMF, Phonolynth also notable cross-overs.

For synths, Imaginando DRC is almost exactly the same and has some nice workflows that allow sharing of presets between the mobile and desktop versions. Klevgrand effects also translate well between the formats and make excellent use of the touchscreen.

Nembrini Audio has the same functionality and sound, Overloud too. But, Mostly they function as stand alone or inter app audio, no AUV3 available.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”