Note Stuck and MIDI Panic Issue in Cakewalk

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v3.073, VST2. Using Cakewalk latest.

I have note stuck issue from time to time. Cakewalk has MIDI Panic (MIDI Reset) button. It stops the note as expected, but it changes the preset parameters in Sylenth1. While I haven't checked one by one yet, I saw Master Volume, Drive, Chorus Dry/Wet got changed at least.

Here is the information to see what MIDI Panic does in Cakewalk.
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... es.51.html

I can't imagine that a midi reset button would send any Control Changes, that wouldn't make much sense. Probably you have some CC's in your midi clip that changes the parameters. Just right-click the knob that moves to see what CC value it responds to, or click Midi Forget to unlink it.

You can also remove all midi links by overwriting the midilearn.dat file with an empty one:
Click MENU -> Open Data Folder and browse to the Config folder. Unzip the following file to that folder, overwriting the existing file and restart Sylenth1. That will clear all Midi links:
http://www.lennardigital.com/files/temp ... nEmpty.zip

Or edit the Setting.xml file to completely disable midi control changes (not recommended, unless you are sure you don't want to use Midi automation at all!).
<MIDI controlchanges="0" ...

Hi Lennard.

The MidiLearnEmpty did the trick. Thanks you :) I haven't used any Midi Learn since I installed Sylenth1, so the default CC mapping is not fine with Cakewalk.

I found that Cakewalk's Midi Panic do sending the CC. The CC66 "Chorus Dry/Wet" in Sylenth1 is "Sostenuto Pedal On/Off" in the classic MIDI standard. There should be arguments about the Midi Panic implementation of Cakewalk, anyway we can't say they are doing 100% wrong when we consider the compatibility for classic Midi hardware devices.

I have no ideas what is the best way. I assume I am better to have some options (e.g. KeepCurrent | EmptyMidiLearn | DefaultMidiLearn options in the installer with some texts about DAW compatibility). Documentation update for v3.0 should be also nice :tu:

Thanks again for your support. I can finally start using Sylenth1 (bought in black friday)!

Return to “LennarDigital”