Architect entering the fifth year of beta

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 pm
lalo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:09 pm cool ...can you do an approximate estimate (+/- 1 month...not +/- 1 year) of when 1.0 will be out?
Ballpark figure, but judging by the length of the oustanding bug list and the rate I'm marking them off, I'd guess around 6 weeks..
Any teaser for Santa´s releas?
Anything beyond bug free Arch with new version reaching 1? .. bugfixes aren´t among the most popular update features. :wink:
ADDIT: Sounds suspicious, that new features many years under development should be released in month, but we are not even roughly told what these features are..
Last edited by Banned on Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's much more features than bug fixing. The headline features are:

- Proper documentation (which I believe is as good at onboarding as the Kriedler Pd book)
- Actual proper examples
- UI components can now be opened directly on the graph rather than having to separate them on the panel. But you can still use the panel, if you want the seperation
- Multiple graphs, and these can be inserted anywhere on the MIXER so you can route plugin > graph > plugin, etc; or just use separate graphs to better organise your project. This completely changes the workflow because it's so much cleaner to create a MIXER graph per plug-in, rather than everything in one graph
- Integrated modulations, which works with any user-created modulations too. So you can, say, right-click a slider and choose "New Modulation > LFO", or on a sequencer output and choose "New Device > Humanizer" and it'll automatically create it and wire it in. You can also do the same for plug-in parameters too.
- Additional UI modules, including SVGs, envelopes, a range component, an oscilloscope, a curve mapper, tab buttons, radio buttons, etc
- Component styles: you can now create styles for components, rather than having to edit each individually. These can also be shared between projects
- A component navigator in the PANEL editor to make it easier to edit UI components
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

ADDIT: Sounds suspicious, that new features many years under development should be released in month, but we are not even roughly told what these features are..
Just wanted to point out that Colin has described various new features in multiple threads several times. Not sure why/how you find that suspicious or what you are suspicious of.

michaelinmelbourne wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:34 am
Just wanted to point out that Colin has described various new features in multiple threads several times. Not sure why/how you find that suspicious or what you are suspicious of.
Where are these threads?
Please send links I am curious.
What am I Sherlock? :phones:

I want to stay positively tuned, but it is really hard on KVR, I am really making a call for someone to make FB group which generally leads to more chillax atmosphere and far better problem solving ...
Tough Arch may have some aces in its sleeves it generally merely catch up w/ Plugdata, which have FB group w/ 17 000 people.

A lot of stuffs in patching cannot be written in any manual, they are just part of patching per se.. like resizing w/ donecanvasdialog.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:21 pm It's much more features than bug fixing. The headline features are:

- Proper documentation (which I believe is as good at onboarding as the Kriedler Pd book)
- Actual proper examples
- UI components can now be opened directly on the graph rather than having to separate them on the panel. But you can still use the panel, if you want the seperation
- Multiple graphs, and these can be inserted anywhere on the MIXER so you can route plugin > graph > plugin, etc; or just use separate graphs to better organise your project. This completely changes the workflow because it's so much cleaner to create a MIXER graph per plug-in, rather than everything in one graph
- Integrated modulations, which works with any user-created modulations too. So you can, say, right-click a slider and choose "New Modulation > LFO", or on a sequencer output and choose "New Device > Humanizer" and it'll automatically create it and wire it in. You can also do the same for plug-in parameters too.
- Additional UI modules, including SVGs, envelopes, a range component, an oscilloscope, a curve mapper, tab buttons, radio buttons, etc
- Component styles: you can now create styles for components, rather than having to edit each individually. These can also be shared between projects
- A component navigator in the PANEL editor to make it easier to edit UI components
Woow , this sounds bloody amazing :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:21 pm (which I believe is as good at onboarding as the Kriedler Pd book)
what is this book you mention?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:13 pm
colin@loomer wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:21 pm (which I believe is as good at onboarding as the Kriedler Pd book)
what is this book you mention?
Maybe this? https://www.wolke-verlag.de/musikbuecher/johannes-kreidler-loadbang/

Genetic_Junk wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:59 am Maybe this? https://www.wolke-verlag.de/musikbueche ... -loadbang/
Yes, that's the one. It's a free book on PureData, well worth a read. For anyone into PureData, I also highly rate Andy Farnell's "Designing Sounds"; not free (in fact, looking at the current price on Amazon, far from!), but it has some really nice practical demonstrations.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Entering the 6th year of beta ....????
It would be so awesome if 1.0 will be released on 1-1-2024 ...
Eyeball exchanging

I may not meet that exact date, but I'm hoping to have the official announcement around that time.

colin@loomer wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:07 am I may not meet that exact date, but I'm hoping to have the official announcement around that time.
I really wish you could say something like this about Aspect²... :-|

Then you’ll be pleased to hear that Aspect 2 will have the official announcement at around the same time. The products are pretty neck-and-neck in terms of release-readiness.

Must... Try... Harder... Believing... And... Not... Starting... With... Bad... Jokes... Again... :scared:

Happy sixth year !😂
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”