Hammer-on | Hand Size and Range

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shreddage 3 Stratus

I'm trying to understand how the parameters affect the hammer-on/pull-off result.

The Shreddage 3 Stratus manual just stays the following.

Hand Size: Sets the ‘reach’ of the virtual guitarist’s hand. If a note is played outside the hand size, it will require the hand to move to a new center position. With a hand size of 0 , the size of the hand will vary based on position (as not all frets are the same size).

Hammer-On Range : Sets a limit for the range where hammer-on/pull-off playing will be considered. If the hammer/pull articulation is disabled, this setting doesn’t do anything. Likewise if the articulation is not triggering due to your TACT setup (velocity, keyswitch, etc.)

Is there a 'unit of measure' to these values.. I've a range of 24 and hand size of 6.. but still no hammer-on occurs.. the two notes are only 4 frets apart. Can anyone help me understand how to make hammer-ons/pull-offs function more predictably?

https://youtu.be/oMTJYONTbpk

I've had similar issues with this. Assuming (oh oh!) that you are using low velocities (<60) to trigger the hammer on, and also overlapping the notes, you should get hammer on/off. I had an issue where I was only 3 frets away and depending on where I started the playback, I would get a new sustain or a hammer on. On starting on that measure I would get the hammer on, but when starting from a few measures away (or the start of the song) I would get a new sustain. I even tried to force the string to be played on but, this did not help. When making a new sustain note, it would just play the note on another string which is why it was not doing the hammer on. Not much of an answer, but I can second this problem.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”