play-stop bug ?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Colin, I think someting weird is going on when architect receives start-stop messages from the host (and standalone)
See this screenshot .
WHen host is stopped and I double click the Data module ( value 0 ) the "pack noteon" is send , but when then pressing start or stop in the host , the note automatically stops while there is NO NOTE OFF module used at all .
Seems that architect automatically resets.
Edit , also happens in standalone , just execute the data module and then press start-stop in architect .
Or press play in architect , execute data module then press stop , note automatically stops when it shouldn't .
Will make a new topic about it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Even simpler example .
Execute " wtf" ,now press pay-stop in architect
Eyeball exchanging

If this is what I think it, it's by design. Essentially, in cases where Architect assumes there will be no matching noteoff arriving, it will automatically insert it. If this isn't used, it can be very easy to have hanging noteons occur.

But, you can flag a noteon as not needing a matching noteoff by passing it through the `[uncouple note]` module, (a module whose only purpose is to handle this exact situation) or by setting the `false` argument in [pack noteon] to `true`.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:29 pm
or by setting the `false` argument in [pack noteon] to `true`.
Noppes , a note off is still automatically created when set to true , which is why I think it’s a bug.
And shouldn’t the console at least show that a note off is created , midi debug shows nothing

Using an 'unouple note ' module also doesn't work , note off is still created .
Start-stop transport is still acting as a global reset
Eyeball exchanging

The matching noteoffs are created at the last possible point, which in this case would be the [MIDI output] module, hence why the note not being shown in the console output. But yes, this does sound like a bug, (or maybe I'm missing something obvious), so let me have a play around with this and see what I come up with.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”