Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

System details:
Windows 11
Bitwig 4.4.8
HoRNetVHS_x64.dll (demo)

Hi! I installed the Hornet VHS plugin demo via the Hornet installer, but when I add the plugin to any track in Bitwig, I receive the following error:

---------------------------
We couldn't create the data directory
---------------------------
Microsoft Edge can't read and write to its data directory:

C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\4.4.8\bin\C\EBWebView

I have given the "Everyone" and "Users" AD accounts rights to the entire directory structure and also run Bitwig as an admin (my local user account has admin rights to my system). I am having no problems with any other plugins, and have tried removing it and re-adding it, moving the plugin file location

This error has something to do with the WebView technology available by Microsoft, and you can find the error all over the web if you search for it; though my primary browser is Edge, this error is also reported for Chrome (which Edge is based on).

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance!

Same here on Reaper DAW so it has to do with the plugin itself not the host. It actually crashes Reaper.

Works fine on this Reaper install, looks like this and the other error reported are both to do with web access so maybe more down to what browser you're using, I'm using Opera as my default ftr.

Maybe contact Hornet support?

Same in Studio One.

(My browser default is Chrome, not MS Edge.)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I didn't mention it, but the plugin also crashes Bitwig's audio engine; it doesn't cause the application to quit, but it requires restarting the audio engine.

This is my first time posting a question on these forums. Does Hornet monitor this posts?

I've submitted a support request to Hornet and will update this post once I get a resolution/answer.

fl studio also crashes.

Hi sorry for the issue, please try the 1.0.1 version it fixes the issue reported.

Thank you
Saverio

I have provided an update (with more details) directly to Hornet support, but will post this here. The new version, 1.0.1, works if I install VST 2 (64-bit), but still crashes Bitwig's audio engine if I use the VST 3 (64-bit).

This happened to me also while demoing inside Reaper with the VST3 format. VST2 format worked, but when i use that it mutes some sounds now and then.

mevzu wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:53 am This happened to me also while demoing inside Reaper with the VST3 format. VST2 format worked, but when i use that it mutes some sounds now and then.
That muting is because it's the demo version

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”