What are your favourite spring reverb plugins ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATM, I mostly use IR responses of recorded spring reverb in ableton's hybrid reverb or the included spring reverb in Cherry audio's space echo emulation. Audiothing's Spring looks really good . I usually use spring reverbs in the context of dub techno tracks or sometimes I use the booiiinnnng charateristic of the reverb as a sound design tool.

Cheers!
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

There's a great UAD one but it's not native yet.

I downloaded Fuse Audio VREV-666, but it can’t be loaded in Studio One. It seems like all Fuse Audio plugins may be broken in VST3 on Apple Silicon.

I also have Lost in ‘70s DevilSpring, but I’ve yet to try it.

What’s with all of these satanic spring reverbs anyways? :-o

:hail: :troll:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I've tried all the algorithmic spring reverbs I could find, and though I prefer algorithmic at least conceptually, unfortunately they invariably never sound quite as good as well recorded spring IRs. It's worth noting that many plugins actually use IRs whether they state so explicitly or not, in which case it's possible to "bounce" them and use in your convolution of choice, i.e. ableton hybrid etc...

The Fuse Audio Labs VREV-305 is a best of 2022 here. Much more than a typical spring verb, finding it to be a great sounding fit for acoustic/organic material.

Studio One can't seem to find my Softube VST3s but the free one from FAL VREV-666 loads and runs fine here (on Win, maybe that's the difference...)

All of the fuse stuff works for me in Ableton VST3 Apple silicon.

I don’t actually use spring reverb plugins much. Aside from the two freebies I mentioned, I also have Arturia REV Spring-636 and Eventide Spring. Eventide Spring is completely algorithmic, while I believe Arturia is hybrid physical modeling/IR, like their Plate-140. I like them both but Arturia seems to have more depth and realism, and would be my “go-to” spring if I went to springs all that much.

Still haven’t gotten around to trying DevilSpring.

I use Arturia’s when I’m looking for a basic spring, like when I want a guitar amp reverb type sound, but for wild experiments, it’s all Twangström. I actually returned a Dreadbox Hypnosis after recreating it with Colour Copy and Twangström. The software sounded way better.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Arturia one is very good and my fav, i like the overdrive also on drones, very filthy sounding reverb, good stuff.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

My personal favorite is UVI Plate: This plugin has many awesome features like highly detailed recreation of classic plate reverb and that offers a wide range of controls for sound shaping.

u-he Twangstrom

While demoing Physical Audio Dynamic Plate, I also installed their Dual Spring plugin. It’s very good. But recently I’ve actually been experimenting with UVI Plate as a spring reverb model with a very narrow shape and a little modulation, with good results.

Another one really worth checking out is GSi TimeVerb-X. It really sounds like an authentic guitar amp spring reverb to me, which is what I’m looking for (to use with TONEX.) It’s not too harsh, metallic, or trashy. And the feedback (and “HIT ME!” function) is really awesome. It may be the one I end up settling on.

https://youtu.be/DNvY_u_pqO0

Springs by Audiothing is pretty good, it’s mostly a convolution reverb, but very well designed and with a decent level of flexibility. RO-SPR by Black Rooster is along the same lines. For a fully-modelled reverb, with a little twist, Physical Audio Dual Spring Reverb is my to-go.

I like Ecoplate by HEAR360 ... https://www.deptofsound.com/ecoplate
There's a free "slapback" version ... https://www.deptofsound.com/ecoslap

Ploki wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:08 am u-he Twangstrom
Also my favorite! I also like Softube's Spring Reverb, but Twangström is just so tweakable. :hyper:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”