Working with Audio in EnergyXT 2.7, 'flatten'?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

First, I am using a heavily modified energyXT 2.7 on Linux, it's basically on life-support with libaam-jack ported to QT5 and uses Windows VST's through a yabridge Plugin bridge, despite all this hackery it is quite stable and I have not found a MIDI sequencer on Linux I like better. My workflow is more Audio than MIDI but for MIDI energyXT is by far my fave.. I don't think that any of the mods are affecting how Audio is processed by energyXT because that stuff is all happening in the original program binary. I recently did a complete project with Audio and MIDI and I was somewhat disappointed with energyXT's Audio side but not for the reasons you may think..

First, the recorded tracks were skewed late by the soundcard latency so it appears there is no latency compensation in energyXT, this wasn't a huge deal, I could just drag them into sync on the timeline, I know Audio is not energyXT's forte so I was ready for some compromises but this is what I don't get about recorded Audio on energyXT:

I would record some tracks of varying length and once I had synced them with the MIDI tracks and then resized the handles to the particular verse/chorus part size some tracks would allow me to run the usual edit features (normalizes, fades etc) but others would not and only provided a 'flatten' option..? If I selected 'flatten' the gain on the flattened file would be far less than it was recorded at but after it was flattened I was then able to run the other Audio processing options..?

I can understand the 'flatten' concept if the tracks were layered and there were takes on top of takes but these were all single take tracks yet they behaved differently. Does anyone here record Audio into energyXT and have any tips or pointers? There is almost nothing in the available docs official or unofficial about the specifics of eXT Audio workflows.

Return to “energyXT”