Why is bounce in place not sample accurate?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:42 pm Ok, after some more tests:

Bounce if broken when you adjust the size of a clip. If you adjust the clip start time to make it shorter, then move back the clip to the start of the bar and then bounce, it will be bounced later than the original file. I tried consolidating the clip and doing a bounce in place, but the issue persists.

EDIT: I read through this thread again and OP seems to have had the issue with clips that had already been chopped or resized. So, if you import a wav file and bounce it without altering it, everything works fine. But do anything to the clip and the bounce will be out of place.
Thank you for that. So if I recorded some long midi takes on multiple channels and did not adjust them at all, I could bounce and the audio would be sample accurate? If so I can at least work around with that.

stash98 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:51 pm

Bounce if broken when you adjust the size of a clip. If you adjust the clip start time to make it shorter, then move back the clip to the start of the bar and then bounce, it will be bounced later than the original file. I tried consolidating the clip and doing a bounce in place, but the issue persists.

EDIT: I read through this thread again and OP seems to have had the issue with clips that had already been chopped or resized. So, if you import a wav file and bounce it without altering it, everything works fine. But do anything to the clip and the bounce will be out of place.
Thank you for that. So if I recorded some long midi takes on multiple channels and did not adjust them at all, I could bounce and the audio would be sample accurate? If so I can at least work around with that.
Sorry, I didn't do any testing with MIDI.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:18 pm

All good, I will test this out soon and report back in this thread.

stash98 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:01 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:18 pm

All good, I will test this out soon and report back in this thread.
Please do. If you have time try to test with rendering and re-importing stems. I suspect there might be an issue there.

I did substantial tests with Studio One 5 and Reaper 7. Studio One is a mess. It doesn't compensate for PDC with TB EQ 4 at all. Even with all eq bands at zero. Reaper is absolutely solid, maintaining sample accuracy even with heavy EQ curves.

Anyone know if this is fixed? I went back to REAPER after I found out about it. Pretty insane bug.

There's no way to test this with MIDI because there's no source audio to compare with the bounce. This is a rabbit hole that doesn't have anything interesting at the bottom of it.
Tone Booster's EQ 4 algorithm is non-linear, so there's going to be some frequency shifting going on.
Ubuntu Studio/Bitwig

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:57 pm Anyone know if this is fixed? I went back to REAPER after I found out about it. Pretty insane bug.
You left a DAW because of a one sample shift? How was it negatively affecting your music?

ihearanewworld wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:57 pm Anyone know if this is fixed? I went back to REAPER after I found out about it. Pretty insane bug.
You left a DAW because of a one sample shift? How was it negatively affecting your music?
It's not one sample. Where did you get that from?

Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:52 pm
ihearanewworld wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 pm
It's not one sample. Where did you get that from?
Can you send a reproducible example where you get >1 sample diff?

Return to “Bitwig”