Architect mono sequencer pattern switching?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

A new user here, just bought the Architect yesterday. 8)

I can't seem to figure out how to change the pattern of a mono step sequencer while at the same time having the Auto/Play Q functionality? If I change the Conduct to Modulate the sequencer wont quantize to the DAW anymore.

Also, what would be the best way to get the index of an item in an array? I have created a list of midi keys [48,50,52,53,55,57,59] and I'm trying to select the pattern based on a pressed key.

Enable modulation in pattern preferences .
Patterns are selected starting from 0 (-1 is no pattern and thus stop the pattern from playinf ), you can use data modules for that .
Route the data modules to the 'play pattern index slot' .
If you want to use midi note numbers to select patterns , you just need to convert the note number to numbers that reflect the pattern ..there are lot's of ways of doing that ., switches etc...
Most simple would be be midi note 60 , subract 60 from that and you get pattern 1 , etc..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thank you for the response and detailed explanation!

My problem was a bit more specific though, I had gotten so far that I could change the patterns succesfully.

At first the Modulation parameter did nothing. Then I read somewhere in here that I have to change the Conduct parameter from "Auto" to "Modulation", but then the Auto/Play Q stopped working and the sequencer lost sync with my DAW.

Now I noticed in your screenshot that you have the Conduct set to "Play" and tested that, and it works! Thank you. :)

I simply couldn't figure an easy way to get an index from my key list. I tried to use an array as I want to use the white keys only for patterns and reserve the black keys for rec, play, tie, rest, etc. The switch eludes me in this context also. So in the end I did it manually. :lol:

Here's my macro.
Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.38.06.png
And here's the "is key" macro.
Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.38.16.png
Feels a bit clunky though, I'm sure there's a built in function for this somewhere?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sirWombat wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:51 pm

Also, what would be the best way to get the index of an item in an array? I have created a list of midi keys [48,50,52,53,55,57,59] and I'm trying to select the pattern based on a pressed key.
Use the get element element .
Array goes into left inlet , index nr middle inlet
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:45 am Use the get element element .
Array goes into left inlet , index nr middle inlet
I would need it the other way around, or am I missing something?
I get the key from host, e.g. 52, and I want to convert that in to the index number.
I went through all the nodes and couldn't find anything to that effect. I feel blind.

A get element with a Map that has key:value pairs does what I need. It's working now. Thanks for the assistance. :)

Return to “Loomer”