Shreddage 3.5

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have 7 Shreddage guitar VI's and have always loved them. I've updated to 3.5 and they sound great. However, it seems I can't use them the way I used to.
I've always just set every articulation to a separate keyswitch and only a Kewswitch (KS). As I don't play the Shredddage stuff live, I've never combined a KS with velocity or a CC. I just use the KS for whatever articulation I want. I'm trying to do the same now. But the 3.5 engine will not let me do that. I have set each articulation with its own KS I want but it seems that the articulations on Page 2 of the TACT section will engage even when I'm not using that KS. For instance: I have sustain set to KS C-1 and Legato Slide to KS C#0. However, when using Sustain (KS C-1), Legato slide (KS C#0) stays on. Therefore, all overlapping notes slide from one to the other. This makes playing broken chords (one string at a time) impossible because all the notes slide into their correct pitch from the previous one.

I contacted ISW support on April 20th, received a confirmation email, and after not hearing anything back, I contacted them again a week later on April 27th and same thing. Now it's been a friggin' month and I've heard nothing back. (which is an entirely different problem with ISW.)

If anybody has a solution to this problem or knows if anyone at ISW is still alive and/or able to answer a support question, please let me know!
-mac

Hi Mac, I apologize for the delay on this. Our tech support team - counting me - is three people. Occasionally a ticket will fall through the cracks even when we're spending hours a day in the inbox. That's on us and there's no excuse for it. So again, my apologies.

Legato / slide keyswitches are separate from regular articulation keyswitches. They cannot trigger unless sustain is selected first.

If you want slides to trigger only when the slide keyswitch is down you need to make sure "LATCH" is OFF (the button color will be white) in the Map tab for the slide articulation.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”