VHS Interface Not Displaying Properly

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hornet VHS latest update doesn’t display the full interface on Windows 10 machine while hosting the plugin as VST2 or VST3 in Cubase 10.5 or Cubase 12. I am using an Nvidia GTX 1660 graphics card.

The Room Simulation half of the interface is not visible at all. There is no speaker or listener knob and no dial to to turn the room simulation on or off. There is no graphic of the speakers or person between them.

The plugin is the latest version and displays perfectly on my m1 Macintosh.

Hi this is usually problem with the text zooming in windows. In the display preferences can you check which value you have? usually if you set 100% or 200% it should work fine, can you please let me know so I can try it out?

Thank you
Saverio

I am on the road camping across Canada and will check when I am back home . I do recall that my magnification was not 100 or 200%

HoRNet wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:03 pm Hi this is usually problem with the text zooming in windows. In the display preferences can you check which value you have? usually if you set 100% or 200% it should work fine, can you please let me know so I can try it out?

Thank you
Saverio

Hello, Saverio. I had emailed support about this, ticket #1706171, June 25, 2023, 10:40 pm. That ticket is still "In Progress". I am using Windows 11, VST3 version of your plugins, and my DAW is the most recent version of REAPER. I saw this post looking for answers to my concerns. I tried what you suggested in your reply to Scotty, and I wanted to give you feedback. My Windows 11 SCALE was set 125% (the scale size recommended by Windows 11") and my TEXT SIZE was set to bigger that the halfway point of the size range - I'd guess around 175%. MY VHS, MagnusLite and Magnus MK3 were only partially displaying. I set the TEXT SIZE to 100%, as you recommended, and all three plugins displayed and functioned perfectly! Anything above 100% setting for the TEXT SIZE caused the issue of the plugins not displaying fully, again. To make up for the TEXT SIZE reduction to 100%, and all the text appearing too small, I set the SCALE to 130% and that made the text a bit bigger and the plugins still work perfectly. I would have preferred not to have to reduce the TEXT SIZE to be able to make your three plugins work because I need the larger text size to see better. Only two other plugins of my 268 plugins, including 16 of HoRNet's plugins, had displaying problems with my TEXY SIZE set to 175%. Thanks for the excellent fix, however, and for the many great plugins (I have 19 of them so far and I love them all). PS: Your "fix" also fixed the same problem that I was having with the two Universal Audio Plugins. I have attached three files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VHS Not Showing Properly with Text Scaling at 100% as Suggested: Issue not Solved.

I am just back from vacation and I have tested this and my text scaling is 100% and I am still having the display issues with VHS. The plugin appears exactly as shown above by sagestar 13. I am running a 3 monitor system. Each display is set for their recommended resolution. I am running Windows 10 latest updates as of today, June 28th.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 1650 running Driver version 30.0.14.7239

thank you for the screenshots they are very helpful I'm trying right now to replicate the issue.

The scale for us at least is that sometimes (and I have to understand why) windows reports scale only as integer, so 100% = 1 200% = 2. 175% should be 1.75 but it gets rounded to 2 while the window size is not created big enough (it's only created 1.75 times the original size. so we get text and graphics. multiplied by 2 while window size only by 1.75 this causes the issue. I don't know if it's reaper's fault or widows fault because it does not seem to happen on every machine and DAW...

Saverio

So it seems the issue is with the text size indeed, setting the text size back to 100% makes everything work fine.

We need to take into account that.

Saverio

Correction: that is not what I wrote. The text size is 100% on my Windows 10 machine. The VHS plugin does not display properly even when the text size is 100%. I am the original poster.
HoRNet wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:35 am So it seems the issue is with the text size indeed, setting the text size back to 100% makes everything work fine.

We need to take into account that.

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”