LinnStrument Anker PowerCore 5000 Holder

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a 3D-printed holder for the Anker PowerCore 5000 battery. It mounts on the left side of the Linnstrument, and connects via a USB Type A cable to provide power. It can be connected to the Linnstrument's USB Type B port, or, using a MyVolts Ripcord USB to DC power cable such as the AA926MS (9VDC), to the Linnstrument's power port (200-pad version only).

Used in conjunction with the CME WIDI Master Blutooth Virtual MIDI Cable, which plugs into the two 5-pin DIN MIDI ports on the right side of the keyboard, the Linnstrument can be played in a completely wireless mode with very low latency.

The battery snaps into the cylindrical cavity of the holder, and can be secured with a zip tie if desired. Loops for a second zip tie to secure the USB connector are also provided. An image of the actual part is included below (this is an earlier version with two zip ties around the battery), as well as an image of it installed.

Two STL files are available, one with the cable exiting the top, the other exiting the bottom. They can be downloaded using this link: https://www.printables.com/model/511984 ... ery-holder

I used PETG, but PLA is probably fine for this application. I found it best to print the part with the side that sits against the Linnstrument facing downward onto the printing plate. I also used a brim to give better adhesion to the printer plate, and supports for the overhanging sections.

Please let me know if you have any questions. In case the PowerCore 5000, like the PowerCore+ Mini, is discontinued, it should not be difficult for me to modify this holder for another battery of similar size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great work and thank you for your contribution. Just note that the low latency advertised by CME is only valid when the output device(s) also uses CME WIDI products. As the CME WIDI Master product page states:
Latency is reduced to an inaudible 3ms as measured between 2 WIDI devices.

Ultra low 3ms latency

Breakthrough latency reduction of just 3ms between two WIDI devices

pandaMidi Solutions claim a latency of only 0.38 milliseconds for the panda midiBeam v2.

Good point. CME’s WIDI Uhost or Bud Pro for the computer end adds another $70 to the cost. I think I will try it first without and see if latency is a problem. Roger didn’t mention needing this in his video.

Gromit42 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:46 am pandaMidi Solutions claim a latency of only 0.38 milliseconds for the panda midiBeam v2.
It does require batteries and/or a power supply/bank for both the transmitter and receiver, as well as neither of them being passively powered by MIDI DIN, unlike the CME WIDI Master.
philouba wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:10 pm Good point. CME’s WIDI Uhost or Bud Pro for the computer end adds another $70 to the cost. I think I will try it first without and see if latency is a problem. Roger didn’t mention needing this in his video.
Also do not forget about the CME WIDI Jack too. I used this with the MicroMonsta 2 and the CME WIDI Master with the LinnStrument when I still had the former. During my time with them, I did not notice any perceptable latency with or without the CME products either.

I am bumping this thread for Étienne since they were looking for an updated LinnStrument battery pack holder during the August 1st Zoom meeting.

Here is how it looks paired with a Haken EaganMatrix Module fitted with a CME WIDI Jack. Battery life seems more than sufficient.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Do you think the top exit design is better than the bottom exit design? Do you have photos showcasing the latter?

Sorry, I have only made the top exit version. I decided it would be better not to have the cables under my hands, and this seems to work for me. Both versions are available in STL files at the download link in my earlier post.

Thanks for this!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”