Ugly note release noise on Jupiter even with all disabled in TACT.

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:x I don't get it, theres an ugly rubbery noise specially when using mutes of any kind.
Tweaking the tightness seems to mask this awful sound but then it makes the mutes too short.
I noticed this with the other shreddage guitars too.

https://www.whyp.it/tracks/106199/noise?token=SCuIv

That link is 404 now so we can't hear what you meant. Can you reupload?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:22 am That link is 404 now so we can't hear what you meant. Can you reupload?
It wouldn't be gone if everyone didn't ignore it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s2v9l8u5 ... y.mp3/file

Here it is. :cry:

And that's with the release windows turned down to 0, releases disabled in tact along with the random resonance knob.

It seems this is just how those samples are. At enough gain added you will hear even the super low level noises. This is a job for a noise gate.

That said, you're mentioning "random resonance", which sounds like you're not using the latest S3.5 version? This is called "Ringing" in S3.5. Not that it will change anything regarding the samples themselves, but worth checking the update out!

It may also be simply that there's a bug in prior S3 version regarding respecting release windows or something like that (not sure if we had that ever reported but you never know I guess). I'd definitely recommend updating, then let us know.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:39 pm It seems this is just how those samples are. At enough gain added you will hear even the super low level noises. This is a job for a noise gate.

That said, you're mentioning "random resonance", which sounds like you're not using the latest S3.5 version? This is called "Ringing" in S3.5. Not that it will change anything regarding the samples themselves, but worth checking the update out!

It may also be simply that there's a bug in prior S3 version regarding respecting release windows or something like that (not sure if we had that ever reported but you never know I guess). I'd definitely recommend updating, then let us know.
Actually i found an interesting workaround. And this indeed must be a bug because if i keep the release articulations enabled in tact but decrease the release time windows to a minimum. The noise is practically gone. Which is strange that it ignores all settings if it's disabled. And yes i wasn't using the newer version, i don't like the updated ui.

Well ok, that's certainly your choice. However, we won't be supporting those older versions anymore. Just FYI.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:09 pm Well ok, that's certainly your choice. However, we won't be supporting those older versions anymore. Just FYI.
You were right, it's just how that guitar is. Gating it away gets rid of the rest of the noise. But if DI noise isn't even turned on, i automatically assumed that the guitar samples are noiseless. And we who? Who are you speaking on behalf of?
:hihi:

"We" as in Impact Soundworks.

And guitar samples are impossible to be noiseless. There is always low level noise happening, even after DI hum and other various noises are filtered out. That's just how things are. Going too far with noise reduction kills the life out of the sample.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”