midi drag/drop/import issue after beat slice with Bitwig?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Has anybody figured this out? Or is it me?

I want to beat slice and then drag/drop the midi into Bitwig.
Unfortunately, this does not seem to work.
This older post mentions some DAWs do not support drag/drop. Might that be true for Bitwig? I get it to work fine in Reaper.

Additionally, I can export the resulting midi to my file system. Then import the midi file. Works fine in Reaper.
The midi file created is not imported by Bitwig due to an error saying "Invalid MIDI message".

Versions used:
Bitwig 5.0
TX16Wx Pro 3.5.1a Pro

Thanks!

Honestly, this seems like a bitwig issue. I checked, and as you say, BW refuses to read the midi file produced by TX. However, as far as I (and other tools) can see, the file is quite kosher. I even tested with the javax.sound.midi API:s that bitwig uses under the hood (apparently), and they have zero issues reading the clip.

As for drag and drop: It seems that Bitwig refuses to check all the data flavours supported by group drag. When dragging a group from TX, it will present a bunch of different data as possible clipboard data; Itself, for TX internal/cross-instance copying, but also a MIDI file path in case of a slice layout being present. Bitwig seem to ignore the latter.

Not sure what I can do about either issue...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks so much for researching and for your quick response!

Seems like a Bitwig issue then - I will contact them directly.

Return to “CWITEC”