Voting cutoff for KVR DC2023?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there!
I wanted to advertise the competition to my students and readers, but I can't find a clear statement about the voting closure date, even on the voting page itself. Maybe I'm looking somewhere in a wrong direction, but anyway, would appreciate the info. Will make the post I wanted to make if it still makes any sense to direct people to vote. :)
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Vospi wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:48 pm Hey there!
I wanted to advertise the competition to my students and readers, but I can't find a clear statement about the voting closure date, even on the voting page itself. Maybe I'm looking somewhere in a wrong direction, but anyway, would appreciate the info. Will make the post I wanted to make if it still makes any sense to direct people to vote. :)
Dates are on the main page, click on 'show rules' at the bottom of the page and all shall be revealed.

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2023/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

July 3rd-31st, 2023

To find this crucial thing, you need to literally:
- open up the biggest page with a long, long prefacing text, lots of ads on the side and dozens of plugins,
- scroll to the VERY BOTTOM of that!
- then open it and find the non-highlighted text in the middle of a chunk that's addressing developers as much as you.

Even the answer above goes out of the way to not reveal the date?.. How come? "Let me google it for you" type of thing? I've searched the page (no wonder I didn't find anything, it's hidden) and then I've searched the forum multiple times and opened a bunch of links. Not like I'm a rando who thinks asking people is the first line of defense.

Hope it could be communicated better next time. Because: KVR events are awesome all around, but the way of communicating information is so anti-user sometimes, so wordy and technical, that there's no wonder these fantastic and very helpful events somehow need people like me to tell others about it. I write to 40000+ people and, I mean, I'm the only one mentioning KVRDC or OSC there. Which I'm happy to do, but - just food for thought. It's not that hard, someone is writing these (otherwise great) texts either way. Might as well make them easier to navigate through.

Add the date to the voting card? One string at the bottom might not hurt, and it's in your face all the time. Would help to somewhat mitigate incomplete scorecards, I believe. I remember doing this once myself (missing the deadline) and being pretty upset with myself.

Good luck to everyone in the competition! Wave Breaker and AFEQ are amazing additions to the free plugins arsenal for the whole world. Some unique stuff as well. Great.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”