RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BluGenes wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:47 pm Hey Atilla, keep an eye out for deleted AI models.. 1106 is no longer used and should be removed from RC as a choice..

maybe consider a way to update a list via ftp or something??
You are right, the preferred model should be checked before first use, if it is still available.
If you click on the 'models' menu, always the current models are shown from OpenAI.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

sj1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:26 amIf RC wants to accommodate the RN "Alternative notation" as an option, that's fine by me (even desirable) - but not instead of RN "Conventional notatation" (as more commonly used, and also as implemented ubiquitously elsewhere - as I've shown).
Thanks for your input, sj1 and Dewdman42!
I am a bit confused now, but I'll study the different notations more.
I'll add an option to use "conventional notation" as opposed to "alternative notation" that RC uses now. Even today it is possible to display the minor scale notes as I, II, bIII, IV, V, bVI, bVII (as I wrote in an earlier post) but a setting would be more convenient than editing all scales in the browser to use the major scale as the base for naming the notes.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:23 am
BluGenes wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:47 pm Hey Atilla, keep an eye out for deleted AI models.. 1106 is no longer used and should be removed from RC as a choice..

maybe consider a way to update a list via ftp or something??
You are right, the preferred model should be checked before first use, if it is still available.
If you click on the 'models' menu, always the current models are shown from OpenAI.
I correct myself, it works well, nothing should be changed. If you have a model that is not available anymore, you'll get an error message, and then you should select another model:

The list of models is read form OpenAI, nothing is hardwired in RC.

There are things that you get used to very quickly and easily.. but there are things that you can’t get used to.. It’s like using the Ctrl key instead of ALT on a Mac OS and updating 5.1.3 with beta 5.2b2.. I always think, what should I do? install now? ))

Attila,

Any updates on what's happening with the new rhythm features in regards to rests etc. it's been a couple of weeks.

also I know a lot of you here produce orchestral music just found this software which is free and it's perfect for real life instruments .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqA5ka9U-8

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:39 pm

I correct myself, it works well, nothing should be changed. If you have a model that is not available anymore, you'll get an error message, and then you should select another model:

The list of models is read form OpenAI, nothing is hardwired in RC.
Unfortunately, the API only retrieves the list and does not specify what is new.. You would have to figure that out in code by comparing two lists.. Maybe work that out later, but, it is sort of important because models do improve with the releases. Just a thought..

lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:14 pm Attila,

Any updates on what's happening with the new rhythm features in regards to rests etc. it's been a couple of weeks.
The new rhythm features were finished today. I'll upload a beta in 1 or 2 days.
I sent you a screenshot in e-mail.
lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:14 pm also I know a lot of you here produce orchestral music just found this software which is free and it's perfect for real life instruments .
Interesting, thanks!

Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:14 pm Attila,

The new rhythm features were finished today. I'll upload a beta in 1 or 2 days.
I sent you a screenshot in e-mail.

Very much looking forward to trying this out. ( didn't receive the screenshot by email) :tu:

lovemusic15 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:59 pm Very much looking forward to trying this out. ( didn't receive the screenshot by email) :tu:
I resent the e-mail to your outlook address. Make sure you check the spam folder...

Off topic:
E-mail became totally unreliable. With all those filtering and blacklisting the recipients won't get important e-mails. I cannot tell you how much of my time is wasted by re-sending bounced e-mails from another account, and apologizing to the receiver. E-mail became an unusable crap. :x

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:23 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:59 pm Very much looking forward to trying this out. ( didn't receive the screenshot by email) :tu:
I resent the e-mail to your outlook address. Make sure you check the spam folder...

Off topic:
E-mail became totally unreliable. With all those filtering and blacklisting the recipients won't get important e-mails. I cannot tell you how much of my time is wasted by re-sending bounced e-mails from another account, and apologizing to the receiver. E-mail became an unusable crap. :x
I totally understand what you mean about the email service I now use another service which is a lot better it's a paid service but you get better quality I've sent you a email from it . I did check my outlook address but there was no junk mail either so moving forward I'm sure this new company will be a lot better.

Thanks

RapidComposer v5.2b3 is available!

New features added based on user feedback.

Improvements:
  • Fully reworked rhythm processing: many non-destructive options under the Rhythm tab in the Phrase Inspector
  • New setting: selection between "conventional notation" and "alternative notation" when showing scale degrees as roman numerals
  • UI high DPI improvements
  • UI cosmetic change: check-boxes are square, not round

Crash b3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

Thanks for RC 5.2b3 !

re: New setting: selection between "conventional notation" and "alternative notation" when showing scale degrees as roman numerals

It seems that a close/restart is needed to see the update when a change to this setting is made. Am I observing correctly?

If so, a) it would be nice if this could be a "live" feature, but b) if not, then I suggest a note on the settings page indicating that a restart is required.

Thanks.

P.S. I'd like to plug again for the 3-digit (or 4-digit) default numbers on imported phrases so that they sort in the order supplied. I have alot of work in this area coming up and I am hoping not to have to make manual rectifications on this front. Thx.

Hey Atilla.. is your email working? Just a heads up, I sent you a solution that does work to a problem. You need to look at it. There are caveats, though you need to be aware of.. let me know what's going on please..

Yes, thanks, BluGenes, I'll look at that shortly. I am preparing a new beta version.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”