Drum Module Mux

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, its FSM77 here,

Mulab's MuDrum is a great tool for building drum kits. However, I always wanted to make something different, which looked more like a drum machine, but which also had plenty of versatility and a tidy interface...

Introducing the FSM77 Drum Module (Mulab 9).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfuXen ... drive_link
fsm77 drum module.jpg
This Mux features 8 discrete channels. Each channel has the usual basic controls i.e. Volume, Transpose, Attack, Decay and Pan.

You can add any sample you like to each of the 8 sample players. I have pre named them as examples only.

On top of these basic controls I have included 3 inserts per channel; ideal for your best plugins. There is also an Aux Send for one auxiliary effect. The auxiliary effect - whatever you choose - has its own return volume control.

Tips:
1) The auxiliary effect is great for adding a touch of reverb to your drums. This helps glue the kit together in a virtual space. Add reverb to taste per channel.

2) The inserts could be used as:
A) Pre EQ (typically hpf and lpf)
B) Compressor
C) Post EQ (typically an array of parametric EQ's)

Enjoy and leave feedback/requests, if you have any.

FSM77
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Hey, this is gold! Thanks a lot!

Hei. I tried this Mux with 9.2.19 and the Mux doesn't show up in my User Presets window. I already deleted the cache filed, but nothing. Is anyone having the same issue?

Is it a bug?

If I go Add Instrument Track -> Choose Instrument -> User Presets the Mux is not there. But if I go from a rack -> Insert Module, the Mux is there!

Am I missing something?

I don't know why that's happening oldcastle, but I'm using 9.1.28 presently. I didn't know that 9.2.19 was available. Maybe it's just an upgrade glitch.
Aka Midland Synthetics

First of all: Thx FSM77 for sharing this!

On the "not listed" topic: It's because the "Add Instrument Track" only shows "Instrument" presets and MuLab regards a MUX patch an instrument if it contains a Polysynth module.

Understood. Thanks.

@Fsm: I wonder why you chose to use buttons for the inserts instead of module slots?

@mutools: Thanks for this question. Basically the width of a plugin slot - at a useful size - is about double the width of a button at default size. Therefore, I chose the button to minimize the footprint of the drum module.

Aesthetics and all that jazz :)
Aka Midland Synthetics

I see.
Maybe it would indeed make sense to add an option in a front panel Plugin Slot to show it without the 3 right-side buttons.

Yes please. I would love that option.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Implemented in the next update.

Thanks for updating the plugin slot, I'm using the new slots on my next retro machine emulation mux.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Help, I can't get the contour option (in properties) to work well with the plugin slot. It's either mostly hidden or only showing underneath. I cannot get a nice white line all around the slot. Is this a glitch? Also there doesn't seem to be a way of changing the background colour of the slot I.e. it's always black!

One of my next mux's has a black background but the plugin slots are vanishing into the background.

Any help appreciated.
Aka Midland Synthetics

FSM77 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:18 am Help, I can't get the contour option (in properties) to work well with the plugin slot.
Hi, set "Margins" = 1 and apply "Contour" colour:
---
Contour.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”