Audio Interface Unplugs Itself

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.My audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) sometimes unplugs itself (deactivates itself, turns off itself) (also when touch cable). I tried another usb port and also another cable but same. I Am on Mac.
Last edited by Kohre on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybe put it closer to the computer?

not that way - it deactivates itself, turns off itself.

ah, ok.
do you have some power saving thing turned on?

Try running it off of a powered hub. Macs can be very sensitive to the power draw on USB . Its worth a shot.

If power-management is enabled, that's why the audio interface is "disconnecting".
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

no, i dont have power saving/power management enabled. cable is directly into the laptop, not hub. i use MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

the thing is that when i touch the cable sometimes it disconnects but i tried another cable and also another port but same. strange. for example it disconnects when i work/play in Ableton.

Faulty port on the interface?

i checked port on the interface, its fine.

i checked port on the interface, its finee.

i checked port on the interface, its fine. here is video i recorded what really happens.

<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/86406453 ... p_id=58479" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" title="1"></iframe></div><script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>

If it REALLY is not any power-related settings, all I can think of is to try on different Mac/PC, try using USB hub, or buy a new interface. I can't remember why I ditched my Focusrite, but I assume it was something similar because it's the only reasonable explanation why I'd had wasted money on another mini-interface (this was years ago).

yeaah (((( i think i have to buy a new one. (((

Guys, can you say what you REALLY mean in "power saving/power management" (power-related) ?

Bring in a paranormal investigator.

Seriously. I once had a guitar that kept mysteriously going out of tune overnight. I brought a paranormal investigator in to cleanse my studio of psychic energy, and after that and a new set of strings and bridge setup, it stayed in tune better.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”