Effectrix2 released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today we released Effectrix2 - The latest and greatest version of our beloved Multi-Effect Sequencer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZR7SxlkUXU
Download Demo here:
https://sugar-bytes.de/effectrix2

I love Sugar Bytes and wish you well but I can’t personally justify the $79 upgrade (I own the complete bundle). Just doesn’t seem worth it to me. I guess I’ll wait til a few more plugins are released to soften the blow. Good luck.

This looks like a great update but even owning the everything bundle I have to say, the $79 upgrade is steep. Will wait for a sale/pass for now but congrats on the new release!

Insane upgrade price. Will have to demo first.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

If they would maintain and update their plugins already released, I would instantly buy and pay for any upgrade.
But they dont. They have completely lost the love for their own passion and do only focus on new releases. Never bought anything from them for years for this very reason.

Look like a nice update, but $79 dollar upgrade price is just too high for me now.

Adding to the chorus of "upgrade price is far too steep" & I'm also gonna have to pass.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

enCiphered wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:33 pm If they would maintain and update their plugins already released, I would instantly buy and pay for any upgrade.
But they dont. They have completely lost the love for their own passion and do only focus on new releases. Never bought anything from them for years for this very reason.
+1.

$79 for an upgrade?! Absolutely not. Completely tone deaf price and ignoring competing products.

I also own the complete bundle and loving Sugarbytes software, however I can impossibly justify the high upgrade price. Will leave this upgrade aside at this pricepoint, thank you. Except for the financial considerations I asked myself a key question : "Do I need this upgrade ?". The answer in my case was obvious :oops:

KingRoy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:47 pm
enCiphered wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:33 pm If they would maintain and update their plugins already released, I would instantly buy and pay for any upgrade.
+1.
They do make updates to the plugins, for example they are m1 native. Or I'm a missing something ?

I have the full bundle. I cannot justify $79 ($102 CDN) for a glitch tool update. For me this is purely sonic/texture/rhythm occasional exploration as I do not use a glitch FX on a regular basis. At say, $29 USD I could have given the upgrade a try but let's say that a working Turnado clean and clear resizable GUI and feature update would be more welcomed. No, the GUI 'resize' Windows register trick does not work here.

Tried the demo for about five seconds. I didn't want to like it because it is a crazy expensive upgrade. I confirmed my bias without giving it a fair chance.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:09 pm Tried the demo for about five seconds. I didn't want to like it because it is a crazy expensive upgrade. I confirmed my bias without giving it a fair chance.
Isn't that called 'having principles' ?

At one point in time principles become less important than self-hypnosis ?

They release fun products and it probably wasn't easy for them to determine the upgrade price because you don't know beforehand how people will react.

But most of you here are correct, it's definitely not worth $/€79 if you already own the prevoius version. I also think that $/€29 would be the sweet spot. They still can correct that, if they want.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”