Effectrix2 released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I knew beforehand how people would react.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Hi folks,

we are sorry that the price feels too high for you, but please understand that Effectrix2 is a complete new development.
We created it from scratch, all effects were rewritten, it comes with lots of new features and we have put maximum effort into every aspect of it.
The basic structure is, no doubt, similar, but in Effectrix2 now the signal flow can now be reordered, it got new effects, advanced mix blending modes and a new modulation system has been added, that means a deeper and refined modulation which can be applied per step. The Looper effects are packed with new features. For example, you can now apply swing to your loop, define a repeat pattern or gradually change the pitch or size of the loop. And not to forget, in addition there are intelligent randomization options with intensity levels. You can randomize the whole pattern, a single effect track or the setup of the effect parameters.
It is still Effectrix but think of it as a new product. Hope for your understanding!
All our updates are for free and only if we come up with a big major Upgrade (a brand new second version like WOW2 or Effectrix2 with lot of new features) we charge something.
Furthermore, as we decided to not follow the trend of subscriptions, we always need to find a reasonable price.
Anyway, we see your point and we thank you for your honest feedback!
We will definitely keep this in mind.

Best,
your Sugar Bytes guys

Fair enough.
But I think the "no difference between bundle owners and the ones who aren't bundle owners" sounds weird to many of us.
My 2 cents.
Last edited by nordickvr on Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks great, but wasn't expecting more than 40-50 dollars for the upgrade. I was going to click buy without even trying but yeah that's a bit out of the compulsive buy territory and not something I really need. Will stick to the original.

Sugar Bytes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:38 am please understand that Effectrix2 is a complete new development.
But it's not our problem that your old codebase was hard to expand with new features or hard to maintain. And I think it's likely you will do the same with a lot of your old plugins. I'm not going to buy nearly identical plugins again for 60% of their original price.
Sugar Bytes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:38 am in Effectrix2 now the signal flow can now be reordered, it got new effects, advanced mix blending modes and a new modulation system has been added, that means a deeper and refined modulation which can be applied per step.
This can be done easily by loading a plugin multiple times into a plugin chain or plugin chainer VST. No need to get version 2 for this.

I guess the disappointment comes from the fact that you've always published beautifully original, inspiring plugins. If it is now foreseeable that in the next few years you will release slightly expanded version 2 plugins, which will then also be expensive for owners of version 1, then that is just a shame.

The Turnado concept was good. I'd go for a modern update.

Consequence is interesting but never got into it really due to the small size GUI (Windows register workaround does not work here, for what its worth).

Same with Obscurium. Creative potential but small GUI. Not easy to spend time trying to make something out of it. I'd go for updates of these three, but not at $79 each.

Egoist could be OK to play around with sample slicing, but the GUI is small.

I use Aparillo, with the larger GUI, as part of the main synth setup, for atmospheres and such. Very nice. It's a synth that has nothing to envy to others, it stands on its own very well, with all the 'big synths' out there. I also use Drum Computer, also very nice. Graindad, I haven't got into it yet, but not because of the GUI, as the GUI is fine. It's just me in this case, that haven't spent the time yet. From time to time I use Thesys - large GUI - which is also quite a nice sequencer.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:34 pm Looks great, but wasn't expecting more than 40-50 dollars for the upgrade. I was going to click buy without even trying but yeah that's a bit out of the compulsive buy territory and not something I really need. Will stick to the original.
This is what I was expecting around the 40-50 dollar price range. I think even 60 dollars would be a fair price. I don't think anybody is expecting it to be free but at least have a 50% discount for bundle holders or people with the the stand alone. I also know everything is going up in price but software is prolly going to be the last thing that people are going to settle to pay more for IMO.

It feels like SB would rather get 10 upgrade sales at $79 than 50 at $49.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

$29 is my limit.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

All our updates are for free and only if we come up with a big major Upgrade (a brand new second version like WOW2 or Effectrix2 with lot of new features) we charge something.
Furthermore, as we decided to not follow the trend of subscriptions, we always need to find a reasonable price.
This is of course a subjective decision and btw many companies offer free upgrades ...
Concerning the subscription system and pricing : I think that for all products that are not exclusive (and thus can be replaced by other ones), there's one thing to take into consideration : in the end the customer is king. A few months ago, a famous audio software company had to come back on its software subscription policy only, bacause many customers refused to take the subscription road. Also some customers just take their business elsewhere.

Yeah, before I found this thread I had a complaining back'n'forth with SB, feeling a little cheap for doing so I admit, but honestly, you know! You expect an intro price, then another price for E1 owners, then an upgrade price for Bundle owners: $29 would be realistic. But no joy!

Then I find this massed choir of protest and feel a bit better.

Still don't own the plug tho :-(

But late tonight I get an email from UVI giving everyone the fantastic Falcon 3 upgrade for free!

Check yourself b4 you wreck yourself SB.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

Why doesn't SB upgrade its old products first? Has it already given up on them? Especially the tiny graphical interface and the blurry graphical interface after enlargement. I bought the package at a high price. This is my recognition of SB products, but the fact is that I regret it a little.

mcnelson wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:03 pm It feels like SB would rather get 10 upgrade sales at $79 than 50 at $49.
Or 1000 for 29

The upgrade price has dropped for Black Friday.

It's gone from $79 to $69.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:30 pm The upgrade price has dropped for Black Friday.

It's gone from $79 to $69.
Ridiculous and an easy pass!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”