Shreddage 3 Precision Free MIDI keyboard range

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After a fair struggle, I finally got some sound out of this app... the Virtual Keyboard has a working range extending from the lowest open string up to the 4th fret on the highest string. I understand this is an Intentional Limitation of the free version. HOWEVER, my issue is that - using a Launchkey Mini 3 (which works perfectly fine for Everything else) - no matter what octave range I select on the physical keyboard, the ONLY notes I can play on the MIDI keyboard are the Open, 1, 2, 3 and 4 frets on the high string. I have selected "Midi Guitar Mode" in the Advanced settings, and using Poly performance mode. Not that it matters, but I'm using Kontakt 7 Free Player plugin in Ableton Intro; it works fine for other instruments. I have no idea what else to try. Thanks for any help!

If you use MIDI Guitar Mode, this expects notes to come on different MIDI channel for each string. This is a very specific workflow which you wouldn't use with a normal MIDI controller keyboard, so you should disable that option.

OK, thanks for explaining that; I did that, but could you tell me: what is the actual range of notes that I should expect to be able to use from the keyboard? As of right now, I see 12 notes, which I am able to position up or down on frets using the Transpose buttons. But using the virtual keyboard, the range is "full", (up to the 4th fret of highest string). Thanks!!!

You can play the whole range that is represented by the blue keys.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”